OCS Retail Support who provides stocktaking services to various National and International Retailers are looking for Casual Retail Stock Scanners who are available for shift work as a main income or to supplement another income.
Working at different customers sites within your own travelling range, your main duty will be to use our hand held terminals to accurately count items of stock.
All shifts are offered, but you will select what suits your needs. Work levels fluctuate during the year as every one of our customers has their own bespoke stocktaking calendars and requirements. Work is offered and accepted as and when required by both OCS and by the workers themselves.
- We have various shifts and hours of work available, both days and nights
- Often over 7 days, with a minimum of 5 hours per shift.
- Shifts can start as early as 4am or as late as 11:45pm.
No experience is necessary as full training will be given, but you will require:
- Working both inside and outside of customer premises in all types of weather
- All work will require prolonged periods of standing and some use of step stools and ladders.
- Additionally, you will be required at times to kneel, bend or squat in order to access and work with low and ground level stock.
- You will follow set procedures including counting routines that will involve some manual handling activities i.e. pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying.
- There is also a requirement to actively respond to both verbal and audio instructions in order to ensure that Health & Safety guidelines are adhered to.
While working with OCS, Company and Customer confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
- Full Driving License and Vehicle to use for work
- Professional and responsible manner
- Willingness and ability to travel (within your own travelling range)
- Experience in Retail or IT and advantage but not essential
If you are interested in being a Casual Stock Auditor, the next step is to complete your online application and you may then be invited to attend one of our regional recruitment presentations where you may have the opportunity to continue your application.
Who are OCS Retail Support? For the retail industry, loss of stock through shrinkage or inaccuracy of stock holdings can result in a huge impact on profit. Yet store stocktakes can take a lot of manpower and time which could be focused on increasing sales. For our customers, outsourcing store stocktaking, and gaining peace of mind by allowing a professional and independent team to provide stock control solutions, couldn't be easier than with OCS Retail Support. Our team of vetted and trained stocktakers work across the UK and beyond with experienced managers to ensure consistently high levels of productivity using leading edge systems. Many of our retail customers are High Street Stores, DIY stores and Food retailers but we also offer our services at many other sites.
Please note: Applications will only be considered from candidates who are eligible to live and work within the UK.
OCS - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
OCS Group is an international facilities services provider, employing over 56,000 people worldwide. It provides a wide range of services,...