Ref No. BBUS0563 Operating Company Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions Job Title Software Development Manager Geographical Area England - Yorkshire & Humberside Position Type Full Time Staff Contract Type Permanent
Role : Software Development Manager
Based : Darton, Barnsley
Salary : Competitive
Key Duties BBUS provides asset maintenance and upgrade services across the Water, Wastewater, Gas, Electricity, Civil Engineering and Multi Utility industries operating term and project based contracts for the majority of the UK’s major utilities organisations. We are a forward thinking and ambitious organization, and we take pride in delivering year on year improvements on market performance, internal effectiveness, client focus and innovation. As a people-centred business BBUS will continue to develop and recruit high calibre individuals to support its active management team and highly skilled workforce.
BBUS is dedicated to achieving a Zero Harm environment for its employees to work in. All employees are expected to take responsibility for health and safety, driving self and others towards a Zero Harm culture and promoting health and safety across the business.
The role purpose:
Manage the internal software development resources to create and maintain our software application portfolio to support and enhance the Back Office and Operation Management teams.
- Delivering high quality bespoke software solutions to the user acceptance process on time with zero defects
- Effective use of internal software development resources
- Team capability development.
Skills Required • Ideally will have experience in a similar software development leadership role
- Define and develop the software development methodology ensuring software is adequately secured, managed and version controlled.
- Accept and agree the business requirements delivered from the analysis process providing technical feedback and cost estimates for all activities necessary to complete the software development process.
- Schedule, plan, monitor and manage the timely delivery of system tested applications into a UAT environment making the best use of available resources
- Develop and implement quality standards for software development
- Monitor the testing defect process to establish the root cause and the elimination of future defects
- Jointly develop and implement, in conjunction with the Third-party solutions team, ITIL based RELEASE capabilities for all internally developed applications
- Develop a continuous improvement culture that identifies opportunities to initiate changes that improve the business systems.
- Process enhancement and incident change requests for all internally developed applications on-time with zero defects
- Recovery of internal applications in the event of a disaster.
- Setting standards and policies for the software development team
- Maintaining documentation and configuration data on all current systems.
- Participate in application development, fault diagnosis, quality assurance as necessary to achieve agreed objectives and time lines.
Additional Information Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
- Previous experience of estimating, designing and developing business applications, not necessarily from the Utility sector
- Software development skills using the Microsoft .NET framework together with SQL
- Experience of formal software development and testing methodologies
- CHANGE and RELEASE management experience.
- Leadership skills gained within a small team environment.
Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions is an equal opportunities employer
Click here to apply for this job Email these job details to a friend
Back to search results
Balfour Beatty - 4 years ago
Balfour Beatty plc is a British construction, engineering, military housing, rail and investment services company. It is one of the largest...