Technology is at the heart of the success of the WHSmith business. We use a range of technical solutions to ensure the effective running of our stores and offices. We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced IT Project Manager to join our Travel business in London to deliver a portfolio of IT projects within time, budget and quality with a specific focus on improving our in store systems.
You will ensure that every systems solution is appropriate for its purpose and suitable to be delivered by 3rd parties. You will also provide leadership support to the Head of Travel IT in influencing, developing and progressing the future of the IT Development Team and wider IT team.
* Deliver systems changes as structured projects, to agreed time, budget and quality measures
* Responsible for defining, Maintaining, agreeing and evolving the IT Application Architecture stategy for IT
* Support and lead other Development team members through leadership and management skills
* Definition and recommendation of Business System Options for assigned projects
* Communicate with relevant stakeholders and Project Sponsors, ensuring that realistic expectations are set and managed, appropriate success criteria is agreed and ongoing working relationship is maintained
* Report progress to all stakeholders at the relevant level of detail
* Control risks and issues within each assigned project
* Estimate, plan and schedule tasks necessary for delivery of each project
* Prepare financial budgets for each project. Control financial expenditure against budget and report on a regular basis the financial status of each assigned project
* Handover each initiative by service introduction activities into the IT Service Delivery Team
* When required, assist the IT Shared Services teams to investigate and resolve production issues
The Requirements of the Role
* Strong project management experience, gained in a Retail environment
* Understanding of complex IT systems and processes
* Ability to build and maintain key relationships with the business units and key project stakeholders
* Effective communicator at all levels and ability to influence at a senior level
* Experience of managing outsourced relationships
* Awareness of new and emerging technologies and business trends and seek to use this drive new innovative solutions
* Positive and proactive, inspiring the team to attain goals and pursue excellence
Why Join Us?
Whoever joins us always receives ongoing support and exciting career development opportunities. You can also expect a competitive salary and excellent benefits that includes a profit related bonus, 25 days holiday, store discount card and childcare vouchers. It all adds up to a first rate rewards package and the chance make a real impact on the Company's success. If successful, candidates will be required to obtain a valid passport, undertake a criminal record check and financial check and provide 3 years of continuous educational, professional or employment references. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it is with regret that we are unable to respond to all applications and therefore will only contact short listed candidates.
"WHSmith values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the Community"
WHSmith - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
British retailer WH Smith plc, headquartered in Swindon, Wiltshire, England, is best known for its chain of high street, railway station,...