Quantity Surveyor - Sussex - to £47k +Car +Benefits.
We are seeking a Mechanical CIVIL's Quantity Surveyor with experience of District Heating Pipework Projects to join a rapidly growing Projects team in Sussex. The Projects team over see installations of heating plant, cooling plant, co-generation (CHP) engines, on a number of Projects Nationwide.
The Projects Team are responsible for developing mechanical and civil and projects from original concept stage through to installation, construction and commissioning of both district heating infrastructure (pipe) and plantrooms for handover to our clients Operations Team.
Reporting to the General Manager of Project’s, the Position will focus on developing, implementing and maintaining effective contractual, financial and Quantity Surveying tools to deliver contractor compliance and continual improvement of all commercial aspects of the Project Department.
• Produce accurate monthly project and contract spend forecasts.
• Re-forecast budgets through liaison with Project Managers.
• Calculate and agree with Contractors their monthly valuations of works against contract rates.
• Review contractor payment applications and issue payment certs.
• Develop estimating tools and contingency/risk provisions.
• Produce and update Project Financial Summaries including:
• Capital spend against budget.
• Variance analysis.
• Committed Spend Analysis.
• Earned Value Analysis
• Legal/ Compliance:
• Possess an in-depth understanding of construction contracts.
• Continually review and improve company template contracts
• Contract administration.
• Draft: MF1/ACE/NEC, and review new model form, contracts.
• Draft bespoke procurement contracts.
• Review and manage the construction obligations contained within the company's Energy Supply Agreements.
• Provide guidance to Project Managers and Engineers regarding contractual issues.
• Prepare for legal claims.
• Issue contractual notices against contractors’ performance, in particular their rate of completion.
• Review Contractor Early Warning Notices
• Calculate and issue notices relating to the application of delay charges and performance penalties.
• Provide advice and support in contractual disputes and Dispute Resolution processes.
• Ensure the company operates in accordance with the construction act
• Subcontractor Management:
• Work collaboratively with sub-contractors in developing strategic partnerships which deliver quality, on time, and on budget Projects.
• Measure and continually improve key contractor performance.
• Maintain a record of monthly contractor programmes for all major construction contracts.
• Review and standardise (where applicable) contract schedule of rates.
• Review and assist in all high value and high risk Subcontractor site procurement.
• Monthly Reports
• Produce a monthly report summarising:
• All valuations and spends to date of major contracts/projects.
• The production and maintenance of Project BOMALS and other financial reporting tools by Project engineers/managers.
• Contractual spend and performance against budgets and re-forecasts.
• Contractor performance against Programme.
• Committed Spend Analysis.
• Programmes for drafting works contracts.
• Reduce overall project contractual risk and expenditure.
• Ensure company operates in accordance with all relevant contractual and regulatory acts.
• Accurate monthly Financial Reporting.
• Proactive drafting of construction contracts.
• Sound management of all legal claims.
• Establish collaborative partnerships with key suppliers.
• Maintain all documentation and records to the highest standard.
The post will be based in Sussex and applicants are expected to live within this region, however projects are UK-wide and a flexible approach to travel and moderate overnight stays may be required.
The Person Specification
• Qualified to degree level. Mechanical / CIVIL's
• An understanding of the principles of district heating is a benefit.
• Driving Licence.
• Strong Legal/Financial competence.
Salary: Up to £47k per annum dependant on experience and fit with role.
Benefits: Company Car, Pension, 23 days Holiday rising to 25 days after 2 years (plus bank holidays), Dental Care.
Anglo Technical Recruitment - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard