As a Tier 1 Supplier, the company is responsible for the provision of Through Life Support (TLS) to the Successor Programme, a major UK capital project to design, build and support in-service the follow on SSBN Flotilla and maintenance of the UK's independent nuclear deterrent.
Main purpose of role
- The Cost and Performance Modelling Manager reports directly to the Through Life Support Chief Engineer to provide professional leadership and management of the Availability, Reliability and Maintainability (AR&M) modelling and simulation and Through Life Cost (TLC) functional group in the discharge of the Babcock contract and associated collaborative requirements of the Successor programme.
- In particular ownership and conduct of the modelling and simulation activities that provide confidence in the programme's ability to meet mission and platform availability and TLC performance requirements.
- Generation of stakeholder and user requirements for application to appropriate modelling and simulation tool sets and processes and validation & verification of those tool sets; this to include supply chain simulation and decision support/option trade-off methodologies;
Key Skills and Knowledge
Key Behaviours and Technical Competencies
- Cost modelling in support of MoD major programme business case preparation. An understanding of AR&M and ILS methodologies, including an awareness of the appropriate Def Stan's.
- The ability to develop close working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders & interfaces to progress business and programme demands.
- The ability to manipulate and lever value for money through challenging the norm and introducing innovative solutions.
- A proven leader within a high pressure environment, with developed management, motivational and presentation skills; capable of effective communication wit
- Competence in one (or more), of the following areas is required :
- Engineering Cost Modelling.
- Supportability Engineering (ILS).
- Availability, Reliability & Maintainability (AR&M).
- Project Management of design related projects/contracts.
- Have relevant experience in a supportability or design or production engineering role where there is significant interaction with other organisations and stakeholders.
- Degree qualified in an Engineering / Technical discipline or relevant professional qualifications as associated with service in Royal Navy
- Be a chartered member of an appropriate engineering institution.
Jobsite UK - 10 months ago
Whitehaven Golf Club, one of the Western Lake District's finest golf clubs, now undergoing a massive Â£10 million redevelopment....