CLOUD - SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEERS
Based in Bristol with travel as required.
HP is interested in all levels of expertise from Specialist to Master.
HP's investment in Cloud Infrastructure and Services reflects a significant part of our computing strategy. Cloud Services will have a huge impact on the way in which IT is supplied and consumed by individuals, small/medium-sized enterprises, large enterprises and governments - whole new classes of service and functionality will be made possible. The promise of Cloud Services is profound and exciting for both users and providers, and HP is uniquely positioned to play a key role in making it real and compelling.
HP's Cloud business is creating an R&D facility in Bristol, alongside HP Labs, to build core product technologies that are scalable, secure, reliable, resilient, flexible and adaptive. We are seeking highly-motivated and talented individuals, both technologists and managers, to become part of this new and expanding group.
HP requires a number of Software Development Engineers to work as part of a fast-moving, global, entrepreneurial team creating a large-scale distributed management system for delivering and managing cloud infrastructure and platform services.
The role will include all aspects of the software engineering lifecycle. The area of focus will include building distributed management intelligence for a large-scale, federated data-centre fabrics, meeting performance, security, reliability, persistence and scalability requirements.
- Systems-level development in Java. Other languages (Python, C/C++, etc.) an advantage.
- Experience in all aspects of the software engineering lifecycle; architecture, design, development, documentation, test, deployment and support
- Experience in developing with distributed systems, preferably large-scale, secure and dependable systems.
- Experience in designing and building robust large-scale management systems
- In-depth Linux experience including development on Linux
- Excellent teamwork skills, including working as part of a distributed, global team
- Experience with virtualization (one or more of KVM / Xen / Vmware) useful but not required
HP - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard -
Hewlett-Packard provides one of the tech world's most comprehensive portfolios of hardware, software, and services. Products include...