Tesco: Seaford Express, East Sussex
Shift Pattern: Working shift varies from day to day but are planned in advance
We're the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering customers the biggest range of products around. And that's not just food, but everything from clothes and kettles to financial services.
But did you know we offer the biggest job opportunities too? With stores across the UK, and a variety of roles, we are always looking for people who are as passionate about helping customers as we are.
Our Every Little Helps approach doesn't just apply to our customers. It's at the very heart of everything we do at work – and it's what makes us different. We believe in treating each other with respect, and everyone having the opportunity to get on. That's what makes Tesco such a great place to work
We are looking for a highly driven Express Deputy Managers.
As the name suggests, things move really fast in our Express stores. An inspirational Deputy leader, you will energise a team of up to 25 people, making sure they are providing a brilliant service, no matter how hectic the pace – or busy the store.
I lead my team, making decisions every day that supports my colleagues to do their jobs and puts a smile on their faces as they deliver a great Shopping Trip for customers.
I am the Store Manager designate and work a 5/7 rota to ensure I see all of my staff and customers throughout the working week.
I work for:
The team who work for me:
• Team Leaders
• Customer Assistants
What I do:
• I lead and coach my team to deliver the Shopping Trip for customers, by ensuring great service, standards and availability.
• I contribute to the stores Steering Wheel performance by delivering all key performance indicators.
• I lead a team, making decisions every day that support them to do their jobs.
• I ensure all the processes; routines and systems for my store are completed accurately and at the right time.
• I carry out all people management activities for my team.
• I plan all seasonal, trade driving and promotional activities to achieve maximum sales, impact, and presentation and manage service to customers.
• I am aware of weather changes and react swiftly to minimise impact to the customer
• I coach my team to maintain good store standards both in the warehouse and on the store floor.
• I ensure I have the right people in the right place at the right time.
• I ensure legal compliance by maintaining the cold chain at all times
• I ensure the correct security and product protection procedures are followed for high value stock.
• I am responsible for all safe and legal routines for my store, ensuring plans are in place to address identified issues
• I support change in the store through the successful delivery of Direct to Store and Business Plan activity
• I am trained, validated and participate in the Duty Manager rota for the store
• I Manage the Cash process for the store
• I ensure Compliance routines are followed and daily standards reflect this.
How I do it
• I work ‘shoulder to shoulder’ with my team to coach them on what good looks like
• I make sure my team are trained and give them confidence in their capabilities and pride in their achievements
• I care about people and treat everyone with respect
• I help my team make a difference for our customers
• I listen and share ideas with my team.
Know your customers and serve them with pride.
• Coach your colleagues to give excellent service and tackle any service or customers issues immediately.
• Coach your team to be passionate and knowledgeable about the products on the departments so that they can help customers select the right products.
• Coach your team to maintain the best product availability and presentation for customers throughout the day.
• Act on customer feedback to win locally and respond to changing customer needs.
• Review customer loyalty performance of your store and seek ways to improve where appropriate.
• Lead and encourage colleagues to participate in community initiatives, establishing your store as an important part of the local community.
• Build capability in your team through department, legal training and regular reviews.
• Spot talent in your team and develop team colleagues to support individual’s career plans.
The Ideal Candidate
You are able to role model great service and celebrate success when your team do the same.
• You are a good communicator who will share knowledge, experience and best practices.
• You can create a good team spirit and build good working networks.
• Adaptable and resilient to meet the ever changing demands of our business and be able to coach and support colleagues to do the same.
• You can build strong relationships with customers and colleagues.
• You are agile in the way you think, make decisions and handle change.
• You have energy and drive to deliver beyond expectations.
• You show innovation by always looking to improve performance to meet people, operations, financial and customer targets.
We offer excellent benefits that help to make Tesco a great place to work.
When you join us you’ll be able to join our award winning defined benefit Pensions scheme.
There are also a variety of excellent share schemes you can be part of, to share in our success.
After 6 months you will receive a Privilegecard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
There are also additional special offers available to colleagues throughout the year.
Who we are
Tesco was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers. Our core purpose is to serve Britain’s shoppers a...