Retail Operative - 162 High StreetBromley
Under 18 - £4.59 and Over 18 - £6.23
Close date: 10th February 2013
Variety of Weekend Shitfts between 8 hours and 15.5 hours a week. Please note Weekend Contracts may include working late evenings on Thursday and Friday between 18.00 and 21.30 hours.
The role of the Retail Operative in our stores is to assist in the overall running of a department with in the store and to provide and efficient sales service to customers in line with company policy.
The role has a number of Key Responsibilities and they are:
Sales and Commercial Focus
- Perform all register functions in line with company policy
- Maintain stock levels in order to maximise sales
- Promote specific lines under the guidance of management
- Use available information to assist in laying out the department in relation to sales
- Ensure understanding of Primark`s Corporate Social Responsibility policy
- Assist in unpacking and checking off of new deliveries.
- Draw stock from and return stock to the stock-room as required
- Replenish stock to ensure maximum fill levels in your department
- Inform management and supervisors of potential stock shortages
- Use information available to assist in laying out the department in relation to sales.
- Ensure that all stock is correctly priced and that pricing procedures are carried out in line with company policy
- Re-organise merchandise as directed by Department Manager/ Supervisor
- Promote specific lines under the guidance of Management
- Maintain department presentation in line with company guidelines
- Maintain standards throughout the day and complete recovery daily
- Operate fitting room procedures in line with company policy
- Ensure pricing and ticketing procedures are carried out in line with company policy
- Carry out stock take procedures in line with company policy
- Demonstrate good customer service at all times
- In the event of a customer complaint or query react in a professional and courteous manner, elevating the issue to senior management where necessary
Environment, Health & Safety
- Be alert to any potential hazards within your department
- Position equipment so as to ensure the safety of all staff and customers
- Be aware of fire and emergency evacuation procedures
- Follow company procedures for staff and customer accidents
- Follow appropriate company policies regarding customer or staff theft
- Comply with company procedures on staff searches
To be considered for the role you will need to have relevant experience. You will require:
- Strong communication skills and use of English language
- 2 years work experience ideally within retail environment
- Previous experience of working in busy environment as part of a team
- Qualified to GCSE level (or equivalent)
We would like you to apply for this position - please click on the relevant vacancy to find out more information and apply.