Tesco: Crawley Dotcom
Contract Type : Permanent (Flexible)
Shift Pattern: Sun 19:00 - 23:00, Mon 19:00 - 23:00, Tue 19:00 - 23:00, Fri 12:00 - 23:00, Sat 08:00 - 18:45
We're the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering customers the biggest range of products around. And that's not just food, but everything from clothes and kettles to financial services.
But did you know we offer the biggest job opportunities too? With stores across the UK, and a variety of roles, we are always looking for people who are as passionate about helping customers as we are.
Our Every Little Helps approach doesn't just apply to our customers. It's at the very heart of everything we do at work – and it's what makes us different. We believe in treating each other with respect, and everyone having the opportunity to get on. That's what makes Tesco such a great place to work.
A Customer Delivery Assistant is the customer champion for Tesco.com.
They are considerate drivers and offer great customer service by delivering products to customers in a timely and professional manner. They are also key members of the team and work to support their in-store colleagues.
They understand the importance of maintaining the quality of products so that they arrive with the customer in good condition and are confident managing queries appropriately.
A Customer Delivery Assistant is confident driving a 3.5 ton delivery vehicle, in accordance with all laws and health and safety procedures.
They are able to read a map and navigate to multiple addresses within allocated time slots, even in unfamiliar areas.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
A Criminal Record Check will be required for this role of Customer Delivery Assistant.
- Hold a full UK Driving License (or EU equivalent) for at least one year.
- Have no more than three current penalty points on their driving license.
- Must not have a current drink driving conviction.
The Ideal Candidate
- Able to give great, natural customer service by proactively smiling, greeting, acknowledging and helping customers.
- Works hard for customers, your team and your department.
- You are able to prioritise to ensure anything you do is right for our customers.
- Adaptable and resilient to meet the ever changing demands of our business.
- You must be able to follow instructions either verbal or written.
- You are reliable and a good timekeeper.
- You must be smart and tidy at all times.
We offer excellent benefits that help to make Tesco a great place to work.
When you join us you’ll be able to join our award winning defined benefit Pensions scheme.
There are also a variety of excellent share schemes you can be part of, to share in our success.
After 6 months you will receive a Privilegecard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
There are also additional special offers available to colleagues throughout the year.
Tesco - 7 months ago
Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations are...