Applications are invited for a part-time Library Assistant to support the Librarian at Brighton College.
Duties will include:
- Ordering and processing any stationery orders
- Setting up regular displays on relevant and interesting topics, and keeping them tidy and up to date
- Advising and guiding pupils to the relevant resources
- Assisting with ICT queries when possible, and referring to ICT department when not
- Assist with maintaining library discipline
- Ensuring that library stock is shelved appropriately and presented in an attractive and helpful way, and that books are in correct order
- Assist with stock taking and checking when necessary
- Cover for Librarian when away from the library through illness, courses, and differing working hours
- Involvement in additional educational activities where appropriate. Examples include book award shadowing, World Book Day and BBC writing competitions
The hours of work will be Thursdays from 10.30am-6.30pm and Fridays from 8.30am-5.15pm, during term-time only (35 weeks per year).
For a full job description and application form, please click "apply" now
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 18th June
Brighton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the DBS.
Jobsite UK - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard -