As the solutions architect,you will be working with IT delivery projects to develop and enhance IT solutions in the Consumer Loyalty and CRM space. The solution architect drives and delivers the solution architecture and high level design,balancing business requirements and strategies with architecture standards and roadmaps,and with the project realities. The challenge is to get this balance right to deliver best value to the business. You will be working in Downstream Retail,where the results of your work in the Loyalty and CRM systems will be visible to millions of Consumers and thousands of Retailers and Partners.
• End to end ownership of IT solution architecture for solutions in the Retail Consumer Loyalty and CRM segment
• Develop and maintain knowledge of the Fuels and Convenience Retail Business
• Develop and maintain awareness of the Downstream Business
• Develop and maintain detailed design knowledge of IT solutions in the Loyalty and CRM segment
• Build and maintain good working relationships with Retail business and IT competence centers
• Develop balanced end to end solutions in the Loyalty and CRM segment that meet the business requirements,taking into account all architecture disciplines (Data,Application,Integration,Technology and Security)
• Design solutions that are fully compliant with relevant standards
• Ensure early and ongoing engagement with the Architecture function to identify relevant roadmaps,standards,best practices,reference and segment architectures and technology services
• Ensure that the solutions as implemented by projects are fully in line with the agreed solution architectures
• Ensure that changes are adequately assessed and applied to the solutions
• Assess business requirements,both functional and nonfunctional,from IT impact and feasibility perspective
• Develop and maintain good knowledge of current industry and company standards,methodologies,tools,technology services,industry developments and innovations,and apply in the solutions design
• Drive for solution simplicity and agility
• Identify and implement options for continuous improvements
• Actively work to identify,communicate,mitigate and resolve architecture issues and risks
• Ensure the solution architecture is documented in line with standards Ensure compliance with Architecture and Information Risk Management (IRM) governance processes.
• Ensure the project testing plan covers testing of critical components of the solution architecture as well as relevant non-functional requirements
• Ensure proper handover to Support of architecture deliverables
• Build and maintain professional skills and certifications (TOGAF,System Architect,Data modeling,etc)
• Actively participate in and contribute to Architecture communities,including experience sharing and promoting of best practices
• Operate across organizational boundaries and act as ambassador for Architecture
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of ten (10) years of IT solution architecture experience
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Retail Loyalty and CRM systems and processes, preferably in a Fuels or Grocery Retail environment
• Up to date knowledge of Loyalty and CRM IT innovations and state of art solutions
• Experience as a boundary spanner between business and IT
• Able to explain complicated IT matters in non-technical terms
• Substantial experience in leading and executing IT project delivery or IT consultancy assignments to design, develop and deliver viable business solutions to meet business needs
• Delivery-oriented with a focus on results
• Team player with experience in working in a multi-disciplined IT environment
• Proven leadership and negotiating skills and ability to drive change
• Strong interpersonal/communication skills, both oral and written
• Can apply innovative approaches and embraces and adapts to change
• Can establish strong working relationships with individual stakeholders
• Knowledge and practical application of project delivery standards
• TOGAF certification and knowledge of System Architect preferred
• Ability to work in virtual teams, across time, geographical, and cultural boundaries
Application Deadline :
Thursday 15 August 2013
Number of Vacancies :
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shell - 23 months ago
Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, and...