Anchor is England's largest not-for-profit provider of housing and care for older people, employing almost 9,000 capable, caring and committed colleagues. Our insight and reputation is built on more than 40 years' experience. During this time Anchor has grown to provide housing and care services to almost 40,000 people at 1,000 locations across England.
Are you energetic, enthusiastic and motivated? Do you have a 'can do' attitude? Are you looking for a varied and interesting career within a leading organisation? If so, we may have the right role for you, offering personal development and opportunities to progress.
Nurse Team Leader - RGN or RMN
Location: Partridge House, Heath Hill Road, Bevendean, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 4LS
Contracted Hours: Bank as and when required
Reporting into the Care Manager, responsibilities will include: -
Required knowledge & experience:
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and reviewing care.
- Shift management and delivery of rotas, performance of the care teams and embedding Anchor’s culture and behaviours.
- Dispensing of medication, ensuring procedures are being followed.
- Delivering a quality service in line with CQC essential standards, improving the quality of customer’s lives.
- Registered Nurse qualified with knowledge of NMC code of conduct and experience of delivering “hands on” nursing care to older people.
- People management experience within a customer focused environment.
- Health & safety legislation along with the knowledge of safeguarding of vulnerable adults (local/national policies) and the mental capacity act.
Generous benefits including contributory pension scheme, optional 25% discounted private health cover, Life Assurance, discounted retail and child care vouchers and the ability to buy and sell annual leave entitlement
- Commitment and passion to provide high quality care.
- Well organised with the ability to negotiate and influence.
- Flexible, reliable and able to adapt and work under pressure.
- Computer and technology literate.
- Able to work as part of a team and individually.
Job Reference Number: 008585
Closing Date: 30/06/2014