Job Title: Sales Vice President 1
Job ID: 257771
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Day to Day Work
Vice President/General Manager, Sales – EMEA,
Technology, Consulting and Integration Solutions (TCIS)
Unisys is a multi-billion dollar global information technology company operating in over 50 countries, employing over 23,000 experienced and skilled individuals who design, develop and deploy a portfolio of services including software and technology. Our core service offerings enable us to help our clients solve their toughest mission-critical business challenges by securing their operations, increasing the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhancing support to their end users and constituents, and modernizing their enterprise applications, enabling them to succeed in the ever-changing marketplace.
To provide these services and solutions, Unisys brings together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. We design, build, and manage mission-critical environments for businesses and governments who have no room for error. Our deep understanding of high-volume, transaction-intensive, and secure computing environments, has enabled us to partner with larger multinational companies to deliver operational efficiencies, reduced complexity, increased productivity, and peace of mind.
Unisys designs, builds, and manages mission-critical environments for businesses and governments who have no room for error. Because we have a deep understanding of high-volume, transaction-intensive, and secure computing, we can partner with our clients to deliver operational efficiencies, reduced complexity, increased productivity, and peace of mind.
We have never shied away from a challenge, tackling the most difficult tasks our clients have and that is what inspires us solving problems for our clients. Today we’re leading our clients and their businesses into the future by addressing IT Technology trends that, if not addressed, can be disruptive to a business’ ability to respond to market demands and their need to grow revenue; trends such as the onslaught of managing, securing and modernizing applications for mobile devices penetrating the enterprise as well as Cloud Computing, Smart Computing, and more.
As a Unisys executive you gain the experience of being involved with solving some of the most complex problems facing today’s business world through Technology, Services, Outsourcing and End User Support solutions. Our top Industries are Public Sector, Communications (telco), Transportation (Airline and Airports) and Financial Services.
AREAS OF FOCUS: We focus where we have proven strengths, strong skill sets, market differentiators, and innovative solutions four areas where we can create maximum impact for our clients:
Security: helping our clients secure their operations – people, places, assets and data – to create more reliability and less risk.
Data Center Transformation and Outsourcing: increasing the efficiency and utilization of clients’ data centers.
End User Outsourcing and Support Services: enhancing support to clients’ end users and constituents through their devices and desktops, providing access anywhere, anytime.
Application Modernization and Outsourcing: modernizing clients’ mission-critical business applications.
Solving client’s problems in today’s ever-changing world is what we do at Unisys and we do it with pride. Follow some of our client’s journeys by clicking the links above to gain a glimpse of how we’ve transformed businesses around the globe, helping them be more productive, flexible, efficient, cost effective, and secure.
As we gain further market differentiation, Unisys continues to promote a proactive ‘sales culture’ across the globe, allowing for continued career development and recognition for sales impact. Through our commitment to deliver and execute mission critical global solutions, Unisys has developed a consistent reputation for identifying and securing new accounts (‘new logos’) with multi-national companies (‘MNCs’).
Our Europe, Middle East and Africa (‘EMEA’) business is comprised of 4 clusters to include United Kingdom, Northern Europe (Belgium, Netherlands, Nordics) Central Europe (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) and Southern (Italy, France, Spain, Portugal) and we continue to explore emerging markets where we can drive thought-leadership in expanding our business.
Reporting to the VP/GM Worldwide Sales for Technology, Consulting and Integration Solutions (TCIS), the Sales Leader for EMEA will be responsible for:
- Leadership for approximately 150 direct sales resources and $700M in Orders.
- Setting the vision for the regional sales resources
- Managing the sales management process through a structured process of rigor and discipline
- Building and maintaining cross-functional/business unit collaboration
- Provide overall hands-on leadership to the sales teams, ensuring the growth of EMEA multi-million dollar revenue and related profitability
- Galvanizing the countries across EMEA under a common sales platform and lead the strategic growth of the market.
- Shape the sales organization’s capabilities in selling our solution portfolio across EMEA, while expanding business with existing flagship clients.
- Functioning as a change-agent in driving new logo growth across EMEA, ensuring and work closely with the Country Sales Leadership to build team capability in consultative sales approaches and infusing innovative sales channels into the portfolio of sales strategies.
- Develop and execute a sales strategy in winning product and large systems integration deals and facilitate the working relationships with the Unisys Portfolio Management, Marketing and Finance organizations.
- Assist in structuring deals and create a vision for the sales organization by creating a strategic roadmap to attaining regional metrics.
The key responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute a strategy to profitably grow revenue in the EMEA marketplace through effective business development and management.
- Position Unisys capabilities and enhance our value proposition for key solutions in the marketplace.
- Rapidly sell the strength of our market-leading portfolio by focusing on targeted, near-term client opportunities. Effectively leverage the sales teams to grow the total revenue portfolio and provide a best practice for penetrating key accounts.
- Achieve Financial Growth by improving our overall win rate and aggressively driving order growth at or above operating plan. Win new logos and expand business with existing accounts.
- Develop and grow new sources of repeat revenue through the use of innovative service-oriented offerings within EMEA through direct sales, the strategic engagement of third party intermediaries, and the power of alliances.
- Draw upon the consulting and domain expertise of the Services Delivery organization to close and deliver new business. Apply sales discipline and best practices to penetrate new accounts and continually work to improve client satisfaction.
- Quickly grow client credibility with the ability to interact across multiple levels of management and maintain strong client relationships. The successful candidate will orchestrate all due diligence
- Key measures include: Full P&L responsibility. Orders, Revenue and Profit are the top drivers. Delegated Management Authority (DMA) consistent with our Corporate Policies. Resulting in client penetration and sales. Further develop the relationship with existing clients to ensure that clients fully understand the benefits of Unisys’ service capabilities and maintain commitment to operational excellence. Continually work to improve client satisfaction
- Develop an actionable practice definition and go-to-market strategy that includes target customers, broad definition of customer business needs, and range of services and solution sets that play to the strengths of Unisys’ services offerings.
- In parallel with the EMEA Services Delivery organization, develop an annual financial plan for the EMEA geography; be responsible for achieving/exceeding the revenue, expense, operating margin and profit objectives in the plan. Collaborate and ensure effective selling and delivery of consulting services through the implementation of a cohesive global sourcing methodology.
- Effectively attract, recruit, hire and train the team of sales resources in region. Provide discipline to the team through a cadence of rigor around accurate pipeline reporting, continual performance management of sales resources, and efficient training support for the sales force.
- Demonstrated sales leadership and experience in selling in EMEA market to rapidly gain credible position within the Unisys EMEA Executive Team and the Global Sales Management Council
- Strong Business Development and sales leadership background, with the ability to migrate Unisys selling approaches to C-suite economic buyers, and understand how to drive influence with C-suite to stimulate the demand for Unisys offerings. Experienced track record of overall sales and business development proficiency, with at least Strong consultative selling, leadership and organizational skills and experience with and skilled at “C” level executive interactions.
- Strong sales management experience leading teams within a management consulting or professional services organization. Ideally, one who has personally demonstrated selling and closing complex systems integration deals with innovative service offerings. Significant quota ownership and expertise that has translated in growing successful sales teams.
- Experience in leadership, managing and driving sales teams to deliver order and pipeline targets in a high growth, territory-oriented environments. Consultative selling and Systems Integration experience with complex deals in Enterprise Accounts.
- Clear visible track record of successfully identifying key companies in the target markets, matching solutions to those organizations, engaging, selling and profitably growing the business for the region.
- Visionary leader, with an ability to motivate sales team to evolve and become market leading in capabilities/behaviors to drive new logo/sales growth significant experience and a successful track record of quota attainment while leading teams in quickly qualifying, pursuing and selling new opportunities tied to key solutions in the areas of Unisys “Areas of Strength” around Application Modernization and Outsourcing (AMOS), Application Security and Data Center Transformation (DCT) (virtualization--server and desktop, data center planning and consolidation, storage, systems management and cloud computing)
- Current relationships and ability to maintain high level executive contact with clients, in-depth knowledge and experience in dealing with cclients in the public sector, financial services and commercial industries.
- Ability to attract, build, mentor and direct a high-performing cohesive team that can effectively sell profitable consulting services.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a matrixed organization and to enlist support and commitment from peers in selling and profitably delivering consulting services.
Passion for building a winning organization is essential. Specific characteristics include:
Highest personal and professional integrity
- Open minded
- Outstanding Leadership Skills
- Partnership oriented (BMC, IBM, CA, Microsoft, EMC, Next Think, Apple).
- Keen intellect and business acumen
- Strong executive presence
- Team player
- Builds/Develops exceptional talent
- Delivers world-class results
- Tenacious work ethic
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Flexible, agile and self-starter
- Leads change, risk taking and breakthrough thinking
- Leads with passion and vision - team and peers
- Inspirational role model
- Applies industry, market and competitive know-how
- Bias for speed and execution
Unisys - 13 months ago
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical p...