BlackRock Solutions (BRS) offers risk management, financial advisory, technology and investment accounting services and technology infrastructure and support services internally to BlackRock as well as to a variety of large institutional investors. BRS, through its enterprise platform, Aladdin®, GreenPackage® and Anser® risk reporting offers sophisticated analytics and portfolio management tools across fixed income, equity, multi-asset and alternatives investments to help our clients and portfolio managers achieve good portfolio risk-adjusted returns.
The Portfolio Analytics Group (PAG), based from within BRS, is the risk management and analytics group supporting both Blackrock’s internal asset management business and more than 100 external clients, and operates as a central hub which is key to numerous aspects of the business.
The candidate will be responsible for all of the Equity business within the Portfolio Analytics Group. The role will cover:
The role is a highly visible one within the organisation, facing off to the senior heads of the Portfolio Management Equity Groups within BlackRock, being a key member of the PAG EMEA senior management team, and will be key the build out the risk and analytical framework to further support the business.
- Overseeing the provision of Blackrock’s daily risk management measurement, risk reporting, Performance & Attribution and ad-hoc analytical support to the Equity portfolio management teams and to equity-based external clients. The candidate would be managing a team of analysts and looking to develop the quality and depth of their reporting and expand and develop t he team’s understanding of the business
- Providing a specialist, value-adding service to Portfolio Managers and external clients for their analytical needs, and proactively responding to market developments as they affect their business.
- Managing the above areas through some significant infrastructure changes, including the migration some of the businesses onto the Aladdin platform, the development of our Equity-specific GUI system : IMPACT, and the development of risk tools to handle the complex requirements of the model-based Equity team and the Equity Index team
The Portfolio Analytics team is responsible for groups covering a huge range of product areas and fund types (Equity, Credit, Rates, Multi asset; hedge fund, active, ETF etc). We are looking for candidates to have a specialisation in Equities product area so that they can manage this market group, and there is also high potential to develop into other market areas in the future. The Equity teams include some of the most successful and award-laden Fundamental Equity teams in Europe, the Equity Index teams including the market-leading ETF brand of i Shares, and the Model based Equity team.
Business: BlackRock Solutions Position ID: 7122
- Extensive relevant experience from a previous role in Investment Management Risk, preferably from the asset management industry or from a company involved in the provision of Risk tools. Will need to have very strong experience within Equity, covering exchange-based cash equities, derivatives, private equity and preferably ETFs, with an interest to broaden their skill set to cover other areas in future.
- Strong managerial skills& experience, including several years of team management and proof of developing an effective and goal-driven team.
- Strong quantitative skills, with a scientific background (Mathematics, Economics, Engineering)
- Teaching/Coaching: the candidate will spend a significant amount of time teaching technical skills e.g. Risk models and Analytics to the Analysts class
- Have a very strong understanding of financial instruments and markets, esp regarding Equities
- Highly PC literate, usual Microsoft suite of products is essential, and beneficial to have a good understanding of database functionality and programming languages. Experience of UNIX and SQL would be advantageous.
- Must be detailed orientated, possess initiative and work well under pressure.
- Ability to motivate as part of a team whilst also able to work independently with minimal supervision to produce quality results.
- Must be highly organised, often working to tight deadlines; able to prioritise and delegate effectively, while still being prepared to be highly involved in the detail
- Strong communication skills required for frequent interaction with Portfolio Managers and clients, including need to manage expectations, able to push back on certain demands while maintaining strong relationship with clients.