A Junior Product Designer is required to join D3O, a dynamic, exciting and maturing company with an ever increasing portfolio of patented, branded material technologies split into three categories: Impact Protection, Comfort and Cushioning, and Footwear.
You will be a member of the Product Development department, working in multi-disciplinary teams, designing new products and developing them from conception to delivery. You will be adept at idea generation, concept development, creating prototypes and finally successful transition to production.
You will be an energetic, organised and ambitious team player, who enjoys building relationships with customers and their sales team.
As a rapidly expanding company, you will be someone who will develop with the company, taking on more responsibility as opportunities arise.
- To analyse impact test data and understand how to apply the results to improve material, geometry, and construction to deliver enhanced impact protection.
- To deliver market defining products by solving technical challenges.
- To drive design and development projects including Product Development Agreements with clients and new additions to their standard product range.
- To adhere to the company's design process.
- Design with functionality in mind to maximise performance with an aesthetic eye to deliver function over form.
- Liaise with customers, and work hand-in-hand with their sales team to deliver a final product on time with commercial success.
The preferred candidate will have:
- A University degree in Product design.
- Experience in related industries will be an advantage.
- Proficiency with CAD/CAM and Solid Works, particularly moulded parts in the plastic industry.
- Knowledge of various types of manufacturing equipment and their limitations.
- Experience with FMEA, stress/strain, freehand sketching, idea generation, and basic CNC operation.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English. Additionally other European languages are beneficial.
Technical interest/knowledge of their markets such as sports, footwear and military is advantageous.
The role will require occasional limited travel.
They will only accept submissions from candidates legally entitled to work in the UK.
Coroflot - 5 months ago