Title Finance Manager
Base St. John’s School & College
Working Pattern Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm (40 hours per week)
Salary £33,000 - £37,000 pa
Reports to Chief Executive Principal
Responsible for Finance Assistant
Liaises with St John’s Managers & Employees
External Suppliers & subcontractors
You are required to carry out the duties of a Financial Accountant with particular attention being paid to the principal accountabilities described below:
Section B - Responsibilities particularly relating to the post
- To manage and supervise the Finance team.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, annual financial accounts and Annual Budgets.
- Responsible for maintaining all purchase ledger accounting including all payments.
- Preparing and submitting all sales accounts and bank payments and management of credit control.
- Reconciliation and control of balance sheet accounts.
- Preparing and paying monthly salaries for approximately 250 staff using payroll bureau.
- Maintain records to provide figures on the progress of Annual Budgets.
- Plus any such works necessary for the smooth running of the finances of the company.
- To administer the capital fund, revenue and expenditure of the company through effective use of administrative and financial systems, including assistance with:
- Financial management and control of the nominal ledger ensuring accurate and reliable information.
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet and control accounts, preparation of monthly report.
- Advising on and implementing financial policy and cash flow management.
- Preparing, supervising and advising on all necessary budgets and outcomes.
- Arranging for the preparation and collection of all fees.
- Proactively manage credit control ensuring the prompt collection of fee income.
- Liaising with payroll bureau, the maintenance of the accounts and administration of the payroll.
- Arranging the payment of all salaries, wages and related claims.
- Accounting to the Inland Revenue for tax and National Insurance.
- Accounting to the TPA for teachers’ superannuation and administration of related pension schemes
- Maintaining and updating computer-based financial and management accounting systems.
- Monitoring of department budgets on a monthly basis and reporting to Principal.
- Undertake day to day administration of petty cash at the college & school site, ensuring accurate records are maintained and reconciliations performed.
- Raising invoices for the School and College, taking receipt and recording of settlements.
- Banking all cash and cheque receipts promptly and recoding accordingly.
- Preparing monthly and termly management accounts and budgets.
- Graduate with an appropriate accounting qualification.
- Qualified accountant - ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA
- A management qualification
- Significant experience of accounts management.
- Experience of managing a team.
Skills & Abilities
- Working within an education/care environment.
Closing date is Friday 8th August 2014. Interviews to be held on 18th August.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the principles, ethos and values of St john’s
- An understanding of safeguarding and a commitment to creating a safe environment.
- Strong spreadsheet based modelling, report writing and presentational skills.
- An in depth understanding of analysis and costing techniques.
- Knowledge of accounting software
- Ability to work independently and flexibly and determine appropriate priorities.
- Ability to advise and guide a Senior Leadership Team on all financial matters.
All job applicants will be required to provide 2 referees (one must be your most recent employer) and undertake an enhanced DBS Disclosure. This process forms part of our recruitment policy
Regrettably we will only accept applications on our company application form which can be downloaded from our website.
St. John's College High School is a co-educational Catholic secondary school located in the Chevy Chase neighborhood of Washington, DC. The...