Retail Assistant - Maternity cover
£11,934 - £13,592 p.a pro rata plus outer London weighting
28 hours per week
Based in Ealing
- To help maximise shop sales and profits by providing a high standard of customer service, housekeeping and presentation on the shop floor.
Please give specific examples of how you have met the criteria in the Skills, Knowledge and Experience section of the person specification below in the supporting statement of the application form.
- To sort, price, present, cull and store stock as instructed by the Shop Manager and in accordance with Retail minimum standards guidelines.
- To maintain standards of shop floor layout as requested by the Shop Manager.
- To change the shop floor layout as instructed by the Shop Manager.
- To ensure shop floor stock is hung, size cubed and ticketed in line with Retail minimum standards.
- To maintain standards of cleanliness in all areas of the shop.
- To help and advise customers on their purchases and develop and build positive internal and external relationships to ensure maximum income for the charity.
Please note: The Recruitment Team will shortlist applications on the information that you include in this section. Please give examples where possible to evidence your attainments.
- Good communication skills (essential)
- Numeracy (essential)
- Confidence in dealing with the public (essential)
- Knowledge of the voluntary retail sector (desirable)
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures (desirable)
Special job circumstances
- Experience of working in a retail environment (essential)
- Experience of working with volunteers (desirable)
This post has the following special job circumstances
(Please note: if you have difficulty meeting these conditions because of a disability or family circumstances the appointing manager will discuss it with you in order to consider reasonable adjustments to the job or working conditions)
- A flexible approach to hrs/days worked is required
- You may be required to open and close the shop in the absence of the Shop Manager
- Occasional travel nationally and overnights stays may be necessary in order to attend meetings and training courses
- You will be required to stand for long periods of time and to lift and move stock about
The Children's Society - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Children's Society is the leading charity provider of international challenges and treks to many worldwide destinations including San...