Anchor is England's largest not-for-profit provider of housing and care for older people, employing almost 9,000 capable, caring and committed colleagues. Our insight and reputation is built on more than 40 years' experience. During this time Anchor has grown to provide housing and care services to almost 40,000 people at 1,000 locations across England.
Are you energetic, enthusiastic and motivated? Do you have a 'can do' attitude? Are you looking for a varied and interesting career within a leading organisation? If so, we may have the right role for you, offering personal development and opportunities to progress.
Care Assistant - Nights
Location: Partridge House, Heath Hill Avenue, Bevendean, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 4LS
Contracted Hours: 30 hours per week, nights
Reporting into the Nurse/Team Leader, responsibilities will include: -
Required knowledge & experience:
- Delivering care plans, providing accurate and legible documentation and prioritising tasks as appropriate.
- Identifying and ensuring health & safety standards are met.
- Escalating concerns and issues.
- Delivering a quality service in line with CQC essential standards, improving the quality of customer’s lives.
- Care level 2 diploma, ideally with some knowledge of the needs of older people.
- Ability to read, understand and complete/contribute to care plans.
- Knowledge of health & safety in the workplace, along with an understanding of the safeguarding of vulnerable adults.
- Food hygiene.
Generous benefits including pension scheme, optional 25% discounted private health cover, Life Assurance, discounted retail and child care vouchers and the ability to buy and sell annual leave entitlement.
- Commitment to providing high quality care.
- Strong interpersonal and empathy skills with an approachable attitude.
- Flexible, reliable and able to adapt and work under pressure.
- Able to create an environment where customers feel able to participate and contribute ideas and plan around their needs.
- Able to work as part of a team and individually.
Job Reference Number: 008583
Closing Date: 31/08/2014