Demob Job Reference: j200
Job Title: Service Engineer
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Salary: £26,000 DOE
Start Date: Immediate
My client is one of the UK's biggest manufacturer and supplier of water treatment plant equipment. They now require a Service Engineer to be based in Alfreton, Derbyshire. You will be required to service, maintain, test and repair water treatment products and systems and to contribute to the growth of the company through the active determination of sales opportunities and attention to the reduction of cost-incurring practices. The majority of your working week is based in Alfreton, however you will need to be flexible and be prepared to travel when required.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or Army and has a background within a similar role.
- To ensure that all Service schedules/procedures relating to the equipment installed at the customer's premises are completed in accordance with the level of cover provided under the terms of the Service Contract.
- Ensure that all non-contract service support visits are conducted in a professional and efficient manner.
- To ensure that all items of equipment located at the customer's premises which are not covered under the terms of the Service Contract are reported to the Service office via a note on the Service work report.
- To ensure that the customer's stocks of consumable items and spare parts relevant to the efficient operation of the water purification system are reviewed and reported to the Service office via a note on the Service work report.
- To ensure that any work carried out at the companies premises is conducted in a professional manner and efficient manner.
- Ensure that all Service procedures relating to Service Engineer's work reports, customer complaints and expenses are followed in accordance with the office timetable and customer/business needs.
- To ensure that all Health & Safety guidelines that are laid down by the company and any in force at the customer's premises are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure that any vehicle/equipment belonging to or hired by the company and assigned to the jobholder is maintained in a tidy condition and any assigned servicing responsibilities are carried out in a timely fashion.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by Management, provided that adequate training has been given.
- The successful candidate needs to have extensive experience of working within a similar position.
- Formal electrical qualification.
- Self-motivated and highly organised.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interface at all levels.
- IT Literate.
- Excellent communication skills.
- UK driving licence.
- £26,000 DOE.
- Overtime payable.
- Company car.
- Monday to Friday - 37½ hours.
- 23 days holiday, plus 8 statutory days.
- Opportunity to join an established and reputable company.
JustEngineers.net - 10 months ago