About the employer:
I am a young woman living with her parents in Welton. I would like to recruit two female assistants to help with some aspects of my personal care and also support me with social activities. I am registered blind, have cerebral palsy and also suffer from epilepsy, however my conditions do not prevent me going out and about and enjoying myself with support. I am very sociable and have a good sense of humour.
Closing date - 12pm 19th April 2013.
Summary of duties:
• Assistance will be needed with some aspects of my personal care including bathing and washing my hair
• Supporting me with developing life skills including cooking, domestic duties
• Helping me to budget and make the best use of my money
• Accompanying me swimming
• Support with other social activities
• Help with learning new skills
The person they are looking for:
The successful applicants must be caring and compassionate as well as very organised and creative in developing activities for us to do. They must have a good sense of humour and also need to be able to swim. They will need to have a full driving licence and a car available. There needs to be a degree of flexibility and it is expected that the two PA’s will cover each other for holiday and sickness.
Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday afternoon 1.5 hours each day (personal care)
Thursday and Friday 2 hours each day and Saturday 3.5 hours (social)
As above but may vary
Penderels Trust - 11 months ago