An exciting position for a Project Engineering Manager has arisen with a leading Oil & Gas Company based in Nailsea
The PEM (Project Engineering Manager) is the technical focal point for all technical aspects of the project to which they are assigned. They are charged with the management of the technical deliveries associated with the assigned project.
- Ensures full understanding and scope definition against contract and bid information, handed over from the ITO Team.
- Works with the systems engineer to produce the systems functional design specification and associated Unit Functional Design Specifications against contract requirements.
- Works with the project planner to generate the project plan, with focus on the Engineering Documentation.
- Scopes and budgets the engineering deliverables through the engineering RES System.
- Manages the assigned engineering resource to deliver the engineering tasks and documentation to schedule and budget.
- Is release sign off-on ePims for project engineering documentation packages, including project design files.
- Works with and supports, in particular the systems engineer to secure complete and full EFAT and SIT test programs.
- Liaises within Controls, Supply Base and EPC with respect to technical deliveries and aspects associated with the project. E.g. liaising with the shop floor.
- Interface management.
- Technical sign-off on any contract variations that are technical or impact engineering resource.
- Problem solving / root cause failure investigation and technical reporting on project specific issues.
- Creation and maintenance of the technical risk register.
- Technical representative towards the customer on all matters, whether project specific or generic.
- Handover to aftermarket.
- Technical Project Start of Work Meeting
- Engineering Portion of Project Plan
- Reports on Engineering performance on the project: task On Time Delivery, Hours Spent vs. Budget.
- Full design files, including Design Review.
- Presentation and delivery of the Technical Lesson Learnt Report for the Project to Engineering Management.
- People Management Training (formal)
- Engineering Degree qualified.
- Able to accommodate international travel.
- Subsea oil and gas experience
Mail Online - 10 months ago