Salary: £15,000- £19,500( depending on experience)
To ensure the delivery of a quality customer journey by completing the required volume and quality of tele-underwriting calls with external customers in line with defined procedures.
We are open to applicants who wish to work part time or full time to apply. There would be a minimum of 12hrs needed to be worked if part time. These roles are for fixed term contracts for twelve months.
These roles have a variey of shifts which may include Saturday mornings, Friday and evenings.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Set up and conduct tele-underwriting interviews with external customers in order to gather comprehensive medical and family history, plus supporting personal and sensitive information for Life & critical illness applications.
- Input data gathered in real-time to the expert underwriting system, following the logical process flow determined by the system & subject to relevant quality measures.
- Maintain and develop up-to-date technical knowledge on relevant pharmacological and medical matters
- Provide feedback on the efficiency and effectiveness of the tele-underwriting systems and processes, making recommendations for improvement to the relevant Manager
- Escalate quality or technology issues to the relevant Manager
- Develop the skills and behaviours targeted in the Personal Development Plan in order to support improved performance going forward.
Confident and professional telephone manner
Mature and empathetic
Experience delivering high standards of customer service
Very high regard for confidentiality
Excellent all-round communication skills able to communicate effectively at all levels in good spoken English
Proficient in the use of technology (systems and telephony)
Very strong administrative skills
Able to deal effectively with medical / pharmacological terminology
Able to input data accurately and keep systems updated
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
Able to follow procedures and logical processes
Flexible and able to manage a varied workload
Calm under pressure
Call Centre/ Contact Centre experience is desirable
Aviva - 3 years ago