Gobo was founded as a boutique developer with the premise to GO Beyond Ordinary. So far we have been lucky enough to work with some amazing development teams and help augment their teams with our hugely talented people here at Gobo. We've been trusted with responsibility for full development of headline features by our partners - we're proud that our partners can see and trust our total devotion to quality and excellence.
Recently Gobo has supported Avalanche Software, based in Salt Lake City USA, on Disney Infinity - a major new toy-and-video-game hybrid platform from Disney Interactive which launched in August 2013. We were responsible for the Pirates of the Caribbean play set which is one of the three launch playsets for the platform - a major, headline, front-of-box feature.
We’re looking for a world class Concept Artist to collaborate with our talented team on our next awesome project. With a core focus on worlds and look & feel, you will supply highly detailed blueprints and standout key art pieces to our world artists and architects. You will be tasked with inspiring the team with work that establishes the tone, lighting, mood and shape the language of imaginary worlds and stylised aesthetic. Since you will be participating in all phases of the design process, good social and communication skills are a must for this role.
- A passion and deep understanding of; industrial design, illustration, conceptual design, colour theory, composition, lighting, architecture, art and culture.
- A world class portfolio that blows our minds with your ability and talent
- Comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team
- Able to work with direction and carve your own path
- Excellent creative skills and insight
- Ability to visually communicate ideas and inspire others
- Ability to work on a pre—defined art-style
- At least 5 years of professional creative experience in the field of Games, Film, Architecture and / or Industrial Design
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Design or Architecture
- An excellent personal and professional portfolio
- Demonstrable technical knowledge of design software and techniques
- Effective communication and team-working skills
This can be a contract (on-site) or permanent position. Please state your preference in your application.
To apply please send your CV and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Games Industry Jobs - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard