European Retail Research & Consulting
London West End
Jones Lang LaSalle invests heavily in Research employing almost 100 researchers across the EMEA region. The Pan-EMEA team, based in London and Hamburg, coordinate cross border activities and provide a regional view of European property markets, vital in distinguishing Jones Lang LaSalle from competitors and in servicing clients.
The European Retail Research & Consulting team analyses and reports on developments in the EMEA retail property market. In addition the team provides cross-border strategic advisory services to retailers and retail property investors and developers.
Sitting within this team, the role supports the collection and analysis of EMEA retail property data and the development of new innovative tools to support business development, client instructions and the needs of internal business units.
- The successful candidate will be numerate with a degree in real estate, statistics, mathematics or economics. A post-graduate qualification is beneficial but not required.
- Previous experience of managing data collection and collation processes; data validation, and time series data and property analysis are essential.
- A sound working knowledge and experience of using statistical software packages is required, as is a strong command of advanced analytical techniques within Microsoft Excel.
- An interest in retail property markets and retail property research.
- Experience of Microsoft Access would be preferred good knowledge Microsoft Word & PowerPoint.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- A commercial, pro-active and business oriented approach with an unstinting focus on providing internal stakeholders and external clients with a high-quality, high-value service.
- Technical competence in managing, cleaning and analysing large volumes of data.
- A strong focus and adherence to delivery and quality control processes.
- Organised, able to work independently and effectively manage workload.
- Attention to detail with a strong focus on accuracy.
- Team player who is able to take initiative and instruction in equal measure.
- Clear ability to work across working cultures to achieve results.
- Excellent communication skills, with a clear ability to communicate across all business levels and disseminate knowledge throughout the organisation.
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and focused.
- A keen interest in process enhancement and the development of innovative tools.
- An ability to use data to generate new interpretative tools and techniques.
- A willingness to share new ideas / themes with the wider research team and retail business.
- Clear awareness of emerging statistical techniques and their potential to bring new insights or efficiencies.
- Experience of using the ESRI ArcGIS or CACI InSite GIS software.
- Involvement in the development of in-house databases.
- Assist in the management and development of Jones Lang LaSalle’s proprietary innovative retail tools.
- Assist in the frequent collection and analysis of retail property and economic data from across the EMEA region.
- Building relationships with specific country research teams and business lines to ensure smooth data collection, process and product enhancement.
- Ensure accuracy and validity of retail market data by developing, implementing and maintaining quality assurance measures.
- Provide basic support to the wider European Retail Research & Consulting team at times of high demand.
Jones Lang LaSalle is an Equal Opportunities Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community.
Jones Lang LaSalle - 16 months ago