The role holder is accountable for undertaking service transition activities within the Service Transition team. Assisting in the evaluation of supplier bids and also assisting with the provision of financial information including ongoing support costs is an integral part of the role. The role holder will also review on High Level Designs, Solution Designs and Low Level Designs, along with conducting service readiness prior to the release of any new or enhanced services with all the key stakeholders
What you’ll need
- Experience in production of Service Transition deliverables such as Service Model, Service Acceptance Criteria, Service Desk Scripts
- Experience in reporting on the status of Projects from an operational and service perspective
- Experience in document approval and sign-offs on behalf of Support Teams
- Experience in facilitating Knowledge Transfer between the Projects and Support Teams
- Experience in ensuring the Transitional deliverables are produced, approved and delivered according to the Project Plan
Service Delivery: Effective and efficient provision of service transition services, as noted in the above scope, in line with agreed Service Level Agreement (SLAs) and Operational Level Agreement (OLAs).
Service Improvement: Manage actions identified from major incidents, review and monitor problems, identify service improvement, identify trends and root causes working with resolver groups. Also review changes/releases/service requests, as appropriate, for completeness and level of success, highlighting areas for remedial action.
Communications: Support effective communications surrounding the service transition process that the role is delivering such that all the required parties across TfL are aware of the process and have a common and clear understanding of all decisions made.
Continuous Improvement: Accountable for maintaining a process framework and culture whereby opportunities for service improvements are continually identified, assessed and implemented in a manner that shows demonstrable year-on-year efficiency gains across service transition operations.
Compliance: Accountable for ensuring actions are compliant with all contractual/licensing obligations and with all regulatory and internal procedural policies and governance related to the provision of IM transition services and understand the safety standards of the operating business (in particular the implications of E1008 standards).
The ITIL service management framework (to at least foundation level) with a focus on service transition elements, and its practical application within a complex safety-critical, multiple-site operational business
A recognised project delivery method
TfL’s policies, management structure and business objectives
The relevant national and international legislation pertaining to the Government/Public Sector IT – e.g. Data Protection Act, EU Procurement Directives and Freedom of Information Act
Identifying team goals and objectives, motivating and leading others towards their achievement through the adoption of appropriate behaviours
Proven ability to manage the interactions between suppliers, in-house teams and customers necessary to reliably deliver quality IM service transition services within large-scale, complex operating environments
Proficient in risk management methods and techniques for the assessment and management of IM and business risk
Service Transitions experience essential
Has worked within the IM industry in an analyst role reporting to team lead level
Proven experience of working within a group of highly skilled business and IS/IT professionals to deliver an ITIL-based service transition capability in a complex, multi-site, preferably public service organisation
Closing date 2nd December 2012
Excellent benefits include:
- 30 days holiday plus public and bank holidays
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free Tube travel and travel concessions including discounted Eurostar travel
- Performance related pay
- Private medical benefit
Please note that you must apply by using your CV and a covering letter. Please think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job description and ensure your CV reflects the requirements of the role.
If you are shortlisted you will be invited to take part in a face-to-face interview and other assessments
We will endeavour to give candidates as much notice as possible however some interviews/assessments will be organised at short notice and will require a degree of flexibility.
HEALTH & SAFETY STATEMENT
- All employees have a general duty in law to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions. All employees must understand and be committed to Transport for London’s Health and Safety Policy statement and the Company’s safety priorities and be aware of their contribution to such priorities. All employees must also be aware of and comply with all current health and safety legislation and other Company requirements that are relevant to their role.
CRIME and DISORDER STATEMENT
- Transport for London values the diversity which exists in our city, and our aspiration is to reflect this diversity in our workforce. All employees must be aware of and committed to the Equality Policy Statement of Transport for London. All employees must also be aware of and comply with other Company requirements associated with Equality and Diversity issues relevant to their role.
- It is a statutory requirement for all departments tin TfL to follow Section 17 of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998. Section 17 requires authorities to consider the likely affect on crime and disorder and community safety in all that they do, and take action to prevent crime and disorder, substance misuse, anti-social behaviour and behaviour that adversely affects the environment. Tfl has voluntarily been committed to following Section 17 since 2006, but we must all make sure that it is considered in decision making, policies and procedures in the same way that equality and health and safety are.
Transport for London - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard