My Client is a world class product company experiencing huge growth. They operate one of the world’s leading social media monitoring applications. They are looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to join their team of developers and existing systems administration team.
The role will be focused on the production hardware cluster. My client has a large scale analytics platform, and they are looking for someone to help address the challenges they meet as this develops. A successful candidate will also be involved with the web operations support rota.
- Proven experience supporting 20+ node Linux compute cluster (academic or commercial)
- In depth knowledge of Linux, in particular how to tune for performance
- Experience with configuration management, ideally puppet
- Experience monitoring and tracking production systems, ideally using nagios and graphite
- Scripting experience with bash, python and/or ruby
- A strong CS degree is not a requisite, but extensive knowledge of the field is essential
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience and you are interested in this role, get in touch immediately.
- Java and/or Node,js based Web server support
- 10Gbit/s Ethernet or Infiniband
- JVM Garbage Collection
- RDBMS tuning and support, ideally PostgreSQL
- HBase administration
- C Coding
- Involvement with open source projects
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/JobSeeking/Linux-Systems-Administrator_job60288312
TotalJobs.com - 7 months ago