Compensation : Commensurate with Experience
Reporting Line : Senior Estimating Manager
Ground Control is an award-winning commercial landscaping company (14 BALI awards). The company has grown by over 20% every year for nine years running with turnover now exceeding £65 million annually. Ground Control focuses on large regional and national contracts with multi-site operators.We currently maintain over 20,000 sites for some of the country's largest retailers, utility companies, local authorities and main contractors (Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, B&Q, Waitrose, Travel Lodge, The Co-op, Anglian Water, Thames Water; Enfield Council, Rutland Council and Anglesey Council, Festival Housing, ISOS Housing Group, North Wales Housing and others). The business has three major components: Grounds Maintenance, Winter Maintenance and Landscape Construction. We deliver landscape construction projects for some of the most prestigious main contractors in the country such as RG Group, RG Carter, Kier, BAM, Costain, Bowmer and Kirkland and others with a departmental turnover of £25M.
Role and Responsibilities
Position Description : The Regional Estimator will be responsible for producing fully worked up tenders, wherever possible from first principles. Projects will typically range from £20k to £2M and involve soft and hard landscape, sports surfaces and play areas. The role will require the prioritization of works in the South of England. You will be working with other Estimators based in Warrington and Wolverhampton who are responsible for the North of England and the Midlands and you will from time to time be involved in tendering for works across all regions as available resource and skillset demands. The position will involve some travel to the South however the post is preferred to be based at Warrington / Wolverhampton in order to build close working relationships with the estimating team.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
An Estimator’s performance is measured, ranked and monitored based on volume and success rates. Requirements include the ability to:
· Management and delivery of high quality landscape construction bids
· All tenders delivered within agreed times
· Ensuring that prime costs are sufficient and margins are agreed with senior managers within agreed timeframes.
· Maintaining high levels of client satisfaction and building positive relationships with client counterparts
· Professional handover to operations and continued support for duration of project on site.
Required Skill Set:
- Possess commercial horticultural background and/or construction industry experience;
- Possess first-hand experience of a basic range of horticultural techniques;
- Be dedicated, hardworking with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Be a good communicator across a wide range of individuals, including the proven ability to liaise with clients, main contractor representatives and suppliers.
- Be able to motivate team members, staff and field teams
- Possess sound written and numeracy skills
- Possess sound IT skills , email, word, and excel.
Good organizational skills
- Forward planning
- Managing own time between multiple projects
- Able to prioritize own workload.
- Ability to alter work plans and programme to suit workload and client changes.
- Ability to demonstratepractical, common sense approach to resolving issues and problem solving in order to maintain a commercial advantage.
- Have a solid understanding ofconstruction processes and techniques
- A good working knowledge of tendering procedures and bid preparation
- A good working knowledge of material procurement over a broad scope of business.
- An understanding of construction machinery that could be used in a Landscape project
- An understanding of Maintenance requirements.
- Ability to assess where the critical operations lie within the tender
- Understanding how tenders are measured and where there may be commercial advantage.
TotalJobs.com - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard