Multi-skilled Machine Tool Maintenance Engineer required for large Sheffield steel manufacturing company. The CNC Machine Tool Engineer will need to be electrically biased and be able to change motors, strip gear boxes etc. You will be working 4on 4 off shift pattern.
To apply, you MUST have prior experience in an ELECTRICAL - MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE role working with CNC machinery, preferably in a steel manufacturing environment, due to the nature of the business and your daily duties.
Two Multi Skilled Machine Tool Engineers (multi skilled) required, electrically biased with mechanical maintenance skills too; changing motors, stripping gear boxes.
The Multi Skilled Machine Tool Engineer will be required to support the preventative maintenance programme by carrying out effective maintenance routines and repairs to keep CNC machinery on the plant running 24/7.
The selected Multi Skilled Machine Tool Engineers will also be required to liaise with contractors; strong communication skills.
Daily duties expected of the Multi Skilled Machine Tool Maintenance Engineer (CNC):
To apply, the successful candidate must have:
- Strong Electrical, systems repair, maintenance and diagnostic skills.
- Maintain a log of activities carried out on equipment (predominantly CNC controlled) i.e. hours worked, spare parts used, up time and availability.
- Planned Preventative Maintenance on CNC machinery, working to lean processes/ continuous improvement.
- Support the company's manufacturing programme, ensuring minimum response times to CNC equipment breakdowns, and achievement of MTTR and MTBF metrics.
- Support product development and participate in new equipment installation/ relocation of multi-axis CNC (Fanuc mainly) machinery and equipment.
- Report/ Resolve Maintenance findings to Machine Shop Maintenance Manager; problem solving in a fast paced machine shop.
- Developing the site ppm/ tpm maintenance packages and data base.
- Provide support to the facilities function to ensure maintenance routines are supervised and conducted in accordance with the company requirements.
- Ensure H&S procedures are all adhered to.
- The Multi Skilled Machine Tool Maintenance Engineer will be expected to undertake any additional maintenance duties required of them in the fast paced machine shop environment.
CNC machine tool environment experience covering repair and maintenance of CNC Fanuc controlled machinery.
Proven experience working with CNC and MMS.
General skills and expertise related to maintenance and facilities activities.
Demonstrate levels of theoretical knowledge with practical application.
Electrical and control panel fault finding.
Use of Alan Bradley, Siemens and Fanuc equipment
Demonstrate a background in RCCA and root cause analysis and an ability to gain knowledge on new systems and equipment.
- Hold City and Guilds and current IEE regs.
- (Ideally HNC/HND) unless experience warrants
- Engineering Apprenticeship in a Maintenance discipline.
Shifts: 4 on 4 off continentals (2 x 12 hr Days, 2 x 12 hr Nights)
Status: Will lead to permanent after successful completion of 12 week 'contract of service' (like probationary) period.
To apply for this Multi Skilled Machine Tool Maintenance Engineer role, click apply or call Nikki
Jobsite UK - 11 months ago