This role forms part of the Capital Management team within UKGI Finance. The responsibilities of this team include
Solvency II will lead to significant enhancements to our risk and capital modelling and the extent to which these processes are embedded within our business. This role presents an opportunity to play a key part in this important change and contribute to key components of the Solvency II deliverables.
- Calculation, analysis and management of the Capital Requirement of the UKGI business
- Maintenance and development of a Risk Based Capital (RBC) stochastic model written in Igloo
- Production of annual capital assessment for UKGI and associated liaison with Aviva Group, the FSA and auditors
- Regular production of management information
- Application of capital modelling techniques to decision making across the business
- Supporting the Solvency II programme including development of our internal model and gaining regulatory approval of this model
The role, reporting to one of the team's actuarial managers, will involve significant use of Igloo, the market leading financial simulation software for risk modelling, which is used across the Aviva GI businesses for performing stochastic modelling, and is likely to appeal to those with an actuarial or statistical background.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
Skills / Knowledge
- Degree (or equivalent)
- Part qualified actuary (or similar level of experience)
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of actuarial techniques and ability to apply these in a practical, business focused manner
- Good communication skills
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
- Aptitude to work with complex financial models
Previous experience of Igloo would be a clear advantage, but is not essential.
Aviva - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard