We require a trainee surveyor to join the geospatial survey team for a wide variety of surveying projects.
The existing team is well established in Cumbria and the individual will be part of this team, help support work in Cumbria but be based elsewhere in the UK in support of a Principal Surveyor and the opportunities outside of Cumbria and overseas.
The role will involve the applicant being trained in the delivery of survey projects including fieldwork, processing of data and production of plans using AutoCAD, reports and calculations.
We are looking for a keen, progressive, versatile individual with an interest in engineering/geospatial surveying who can adopt a flexible approach to their role to provide support to all teams across the office as workload dictates. An individual who is willing to go the extra mile to ensure work is delivered correctly and accurately and on time which will include working outside of normal office hours. Keen to learn/progress with a career in this field.
- Respond to requests for information
- Ensure that project information systems are kept up to date
- Responsible for technical information flow
- Follow established policies, procedures and instruction to ensure action is taken in a timely manner
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Follows relevant policies and procedures
- Ability to follow process and instruction
- May have some relevant experience
- Good general level of education with a minimum of 4 GCSEs including a minimum of grade C or above in Maths or English
- Flexible and versatile
- Team player
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Take responsibility for accurate delivery of own tasks
- IT literate and proficient use of standard Microsoft Office software package
- Driving is a requirement of the role and therefore either a full UK driving licence or a desire to pass driving test early is essential and access to own car is desired
WYG Group Ltd - 7 months ago