Barclays is a global financial services provider, engaged in retail and commercial banking, credit cards, investment banking, wealth management and investment management services all over the world.
With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs over 145,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
The Chief Operating Office within Retail and Business Banking (RBB) is at the heart of our customer proposition. It brings together Technology and Operations experts to develop, design and manage IT services and processes that make the lives of customers and colleagues much easier. Whether this is getting a mortgage in Italy, paying a bill in the UK or colleagues collaborating online on new initiatives, the RBB COO makes it possible.
Currently we have a 12 month fixed term maternity cover contract PA opportunity in our Chief Operating Office HR team supporting the HR Director. The Chief Operating Office HR supports 12500 staff globally and is responsible for technology and operations.
Personal Assistant FTC, London
You will be responsible for providing comprehensive PA support to the HR Director
As a Personal Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Diary and schedule management
- Inbox Management
- Ensure the HR Director is always in the correct place at the right time with relevant papers and analysis as appropriate.
- Office always in presentable state
- Prepare/arrange agendas / briefs / correspondence and presentations as required.
- Gatekeeper for meetings
- Act as main reference point in the absence of the HR Director.
- Act as 'Meet and Greeter' for a range of visitors
- Assist with Communications and Events - Townhalls, coffee sessions, offsites and team meetings
- Work closely with Chief of Staff
- Preparing grievance documents/be note taker as appropriate
- Managing all administration responsibilities as required
We expect you to bring the following:
By return, we are offering:
- Proficient user of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet
- Strong communication skills
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good understanding of Barclays and internal processes
- Stakeholder Management at senior level Previous PA role at senior level
- Ideally HR experience
- Knowledge of how to get things done/escalated quickly
- Adaptable to change
- Good attention to detail and sense of urgency
An exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic global organisation and work with experienced professionals & subject matter experts. You will discover a high performing, driven and supportive working culture and outstanding developmental possibilities to increase your potential. We offer competitive salary packages and an annual discretionary compensation award. Private medical, life and accident insurance, plus other employee benefits are standard.
Talented people are the foundation of our success
We'll judge you on your ability and nothing else.
Click here for more information on our Diversity
Barclays - 11 months ago