£28-29k + Van, fuel card, flexible benefits & Excellent training
East Sussex (any location fine)
Mechanical Engineer (HGV) required for our client who are one of the world's largest and established organisations. The Fleet Mechanical Engineer (HGV) offers an opportunity to come in for an established professional where there will be many opportunity career wise and financially.
For the Fleet Mechanical Engineer (HGV) represents a field based role around East Sussex. For Fleet Mechanical Engineer (HGV) you will based around the various sites predominantly doing service and maintenance for the various parts of the existing fleet.
- Duties include the repairs and maintenance of all types of vehicles, with particular emphasis on Refuse Collection Vehicles.
- Ensure that company uniform is worn at the commencement and throughout your period of duty. Special attention is to be paid to protective equipment used.
- Required to attend roadside breakdowns and working at other sites able to work as part of a team, and issue training on maintenance and repairs.
- Required to perform any duties deemed necessary by Workshop Manager, ensuring that current standards are maintained, utilizing both internal and external resources.
For the Fleet Mechanical Engineer (HGV) you MUST have experience of mechanical maintenance on HGV like vehicles. This is to take place at various company sites and roadside maintenance when needed too.
- Practical experience and apprentice trained, time served as a mechanical fitter.
- Efficient in the following tasks; Mechanical; Pneumatic; Welding; Hydraulics, with specialist experience and qualifications pertaining to Refuse Collection Vehicles.
- The ideal person will be flexible and have an enthusiastic approach to working in sometimes adverse conditions.
- Able to work on own initiative and must hold a current driving license. LGV licence would be desirable but not essential.
The Company are the market leader across the world in their particular field and believe strongly in the development and career progression of all of their staff, employing 320,000 people worldwide. Although they are picky with people they bring in, this is as it is the beginning of a long term career and they pride themselves on having the best staff.
Fleet Mechanical Engineer (HGV)
- 21 months ago - save job