We are looking to recruit an experienced Restaurant Manager to work at this beautiful and luxury Country Manor Hotel close to Crawley in West Sussex. The hotel is part of a small group and offers world class facilities, bedrooms and dining options.
Our Restaurant Manager will be responsible for the day to day running of the department and the management of a highly competent team, ensuring the restaurant continues to achieve high standards and ensuring legal and statutory obligations are met.
We are looking for a passionate individual that is able to maintain and enhance the reputation of this venue. You will be responsible for all operations of the restaurant including staff management, training and recruitment, ensuring high levels of customer service are delivered as well as financial control and monitoring. Candidates should have a passion for the industry and for providing the ultimate customer experience.
You will have:
- Ensuring the preparation of the restaurant, the quality of service and the standards of hygiene are to the highest level at all times
- Training and managing staff to ensure all guests expectations are exceeded
- Responsible for a large team including Assistant Restaurant Manager, supervisors, chef de Rangs and waiting staff
- Ensuring the highest level of customer care, courtesy and quality control are evident in every situation
- Dealing with guests comments, complaints, compliments or requests
- To fully supervise all staff throughout service
- To manage stock control/GP/pricing and up-selling
- To greet and seat all customers making the most efficient use of all tables
- To be responsible for up-selling in the restaurant
- To ensure the restaurant has the adequate supply of food, linen and crockery/cutlery at all times
- Prepare weekly rotas in line with business requirements
- To ensure the Health & Safety and well being of all staff and customers, with a full understanding of relevant legislation
- All other associated duties
If you feel you have the skills and experiences to suit this role and would like to apply, or if you would like further information, then please do not hesitate to forward back an up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- At least 2 years experience in a 1 or 2 rosette restaurant
- Previous experience in a 5 star hotel would be an advantage
- Excellent food and wine knowledge