Gazprom Marketing & Trading Limited (GM&T) is a UK-registered wholly-owned subsidiary of the Gazprom Group, accounting for 17% of the world’s total natural gas reserves and for about 70% of natural gas reserves in Russia. GM&T is headquartered in London and was established in 1999 to manage Gazprom's marketing and trading activities in the liberalised markets of Europe. Since 2004 GM&T has grown rapidly and now employs around 900 people in London, Manchester, Paris, Houston, Zug, Berlin and Singapore.
GM&T is responsible for the optimisation of Gazprom’s energy commodity assets and downstream expansion through its marketing and trading network. GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil and oil products, carbon, LNG and FX. GM&T has been trading financial oil products on a number of exchanges since 2006 and can now offer 24-hour coverage of the market between Singapore, London and Houston. GM&T constantly evaluates new opportunities to diversify its energy portfolio.
Trading Analytics provides a centre of excellence for analytical support as part of the Global Gas, Power and Derivatives strategic business unit. Analysis takes several different but related forms and includes quantitative analysis (modelling), structuring and pricing, valuation, and market analysis for power and gas. Our customers include retail, origination, structured trading, and gas and power trading.
The successful applicant will be responsible for contributing to the development of quantitative tools to support the power & gas retail activities of the Gazprom Marketing and Trading (GM&T) business.
The key task of this role is to enable the global expansion of the GM&T’s retail business by providing effective modelling to support the pricing of existing and new customers in an expanding number of markets and for an increasing number of products. Additional tasks will include supporting strategic retail expansion by understanding and evaluating the risks of the current and possible future retail portfolios.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Development of new pricing models and methods to support retail expansion strategy in both power, gas, carbon & embedded generation.
• Valuation and risk assessment of individual customers and the expanding retail portfolio, for new and existing products
• Working closely with traders to assist in the development of trading & hedging strategies around those products
• Working closely with the retail team to assist in consumer & producer pricing
• Working closely with the strategy team to assist in understanding and pricing the risk of entry into new markets and new products
• Additionally, the successful applicant would be expected to work together with the structuring & pricing team to align pricing methodologies and models. An appreciation of the models and modelling approaches used more widely by S&P would be welcome and encouraged.
Skills & Competencies
• Programming experience in preferably C# and Python.
• Experience of programming numerical algorithms
• Experience of database design would be an advantage
• Strong commercial acumen, combined with an understanding of financial risk and option value
• Able to communicate complex issues in a clear, understandable manner to customer facing business units
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in a trading environment
• High attention to detail in both numerical analysis and written work
• Should be capable of developing a good understanding of market dynamics and modelling methods, and apply it to real-world transactions
• Ability to develop robust tools for use by the business, supported by well-written and transparent documentation
• Ability to explain and defend the methodology used in the development of quantitative retail tools
• Previous experience in a commodity or financial trading environment.
• Previous exposure to trading, retailing, or asset management in traded markets
• Experience coding in a production environment would be an advantage
• Knowledge of common retail energy products (fixed and flex), including embedded generation (renewable & non renewable), Feed in Tariffs and their pricing techniques would be an advantage
• Degree level education in a highly quantitative subject
Gazprom Marketing & Trading - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard