Reports To: Head of Creative Communications, A&N Agency
To develop, plan and execute internal and external marketing communication strategies for A&N Media and our businesses.
To manage, coach and develop less experienced team members, both direct reports and within the wider agency.
To play an effective management role in the transformation of our marketing services teams into an integrated agency offering.
Key Tasks / Areas of Responsibility:
Building the A&N Media corporate brand:
Campaign planning for A&N Media brands:
- Work collaboratively with Head of Creative Communications to identify opportunities to build the profile of the A&N Media brand, complementary to the profile of the individual consumer-facing businesses, to both the internal and external markets
- Manage the prioritisation, planning, development and evaluation of internal/external marketing activities for A&N Media with your team
- Work in a consultative manner with individual business divisions to enhance and optimise internal and external communications
- Take overall ownership of A&N Media digital channels (intranet, corporate website, electronic notice boards) and other business wide communication channels
Marketing of A&N Agency:
- Develop marketing strategies, plans and implementation for sweat equity investment opportunities for A&N Media by identifying optimal and integrated use of our channels and brands to secure stakes in potential growth businesses
- Oversee the management and future development of the existing cross marketing activity (i.e. use of our own marketing channels to effectively market our own brands), identifying and implementing ways to improve the delivery of these campaigns
- Building relationships with key inventory-holders across the business
Within A&N Agency:
- Develop marketing and relationship building opportunities for A&N Agency, A&N Medias media brand agency
- Oversee and manage events, PR, direct mail, agency digital channels, client databases etc. to ensure that clients both within, and outside of, A&N Media are aware of our expertise and capabilities
- Customer Relationship Management capabilities, building client engagement with the agency and utilising and developing social media channels
- Facilitate and encourage the sharing of knowledge around A&N Media businesses
- Be an effective member of the management team, actively contributing to the overall running, integration and growth of our agency
- Mentoring and development of direct reports, and wider agency personnel where appropriate
Expectations / requirements:
- Oversee and manage outsourced communications requirements from DMGT (our parent company), particularly with respect to content services
- Work closely with communications team in DMGT to ensure group-wide messages are filtered across A&N Media
You will be an experienced marketer with a solid background in marketing, media or communications. In particular your knowledge will span integrated marketing, media planning and brand communication. You should be seen as an expert in your field but with the ability to engage those with less knowledge than yourself. As our immediate business transforms into an agency model, you will have experience of working in an agency environment and be able and willing to offer insights regarding best practice ways of working.
You will be very flexible in your approach to your workload. Quite often this position will throw left-field requests obstacles in your way; you will have the creativity, drive and solution-driven mind-set required to overcome these. You will be hands-on in your approach, enjoying working with the communications team on the implementation and execution of your communication plans.
You will be a natural when it comes to nurturing work relationships, building and reinforcing communication between different areas of the business. You will have great interpersonal skills and will be able to use your gravitas and professional outlook to make things happen. You should be someone who leads by example to positively influence your team and you should enjoy sharing your knowledge and experience to nurture their abilities, while challenging them to continue to grow and develop as professionals.
You should feel comfortable and confident in being a deputy to the head of department and be willing to take his/her place as and when required.
- Solid brand marketing/communications background
- Agency experience
- Integrated marketing and media planning
- Digital marketing experience (across social channels, search etc)
- Strong working knowledge of CRM principles
- Experience within a media environment
- Experience of working with colleagues across a wide variety of seniority, job functions and office locations
- Management experience
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship building skills
- Excellent project management/implementation skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Highly creative
- Thrives on challenge
- Confident, professional, personal gravitas
- Proactive and willing to take initiative
- Positive energy with the ability to energise others
- Flexible and able to deal with ambiguous situations
- Highly adaptable
- Sense of humour and good with people
- Likes to challenge conventions and try new approaches
Daily Mail and General Trust - 3 years ago