Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies with subsidiaries that conduct business across the globe. The company’s success is driven by the ingenuity and commitment of approximately 62,000 employees who operate across the energy spectrum. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and other energy products and services; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; and develops and commercializes the energy resources of the future, including biofuels and other renewables. Chevron is based in San Ramon, California.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Reservoir Engineer located in Aberdeen
The Reservoir Engineer will provide high quality Reservoir Engineering work in order to analyse and optimise production. The position focuses on production and injection well performance analysis, diagnosis of potential problems, and the design of remedial and intervention programmes. The position is predominately onshore based, but will require occasional offshore work
Key Job Responsibilities for these positions:
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Generation of well in-flow performance curves. use of PVT data, and horizontal well modeling.
- understand economic and decision risk analysis including probabilistic methods for use in evaluation of projects, new and re-drill well targets.
- Transparency and documentation of interpretation.
- Discuss at detailed technical level with production, reservoir and drilling engineers, as well as geoscientists.
- Work with and clearly communicate technical information to all levels of Chevron organisation, asset partners, government agencies and vendors.
- Participates in strategic and business planning efforts towards complete reservoir management.
- Occasionally participates / heads up special project teams to address major issues such as unitization proposals or property sales/acquisitions.
- Represents company on engineering committees and serves as an expert witness before regulatory bodies, as required.
- Works with opco experts on complex / high impact projects.
- A working knowledge of different reservoir management techniques for different types of reservoirs will also be an advantage.
- An experienced Petroleum Engineer who has demonstrated technical strength in reservoir engineering including reservoir simulation and reserves.
- Experience in calculating field reserves using deterministic and probabilistic methods.
- Experience in building and maintenance of black oil finite element simulation models
- Knowledge of Eclipse and GOCAD highly desired.
- Good knowledge of project economics.
- Experience in taking a field from appraisal stage to full development is an advantage.
- Ability to communicate cross discipline.
- Ability to foster co-operation and collaboration among team members is considered an important asset.
- Effective oral and written communication abilities.
Relocation will not be considered
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron - 2 years ago