Bon Accord is a 41 registered care home for EMI and mental Health. We are a team of 50 who work very closely with the Multi Disciplinary team. Many of our staff have worked here for in the excess of 15 years. Our last CQC Inspection this year found us to be fully complaint. We are part of Four Seasons Health Care which is the largest care provider in the UK and are very proactive with all aspects of training. Bon Accord Care Home is currently working towards getting Gold Standards Framework accreditation.
As the Care Home Manager you have responsibility for managing a business, you will lead a team and be responsible for ensuring the whole facility operates effectively and of course ensuring we deliver the very best quality care.
So as a Home Manager what do you need to do to make this happen?
In order to achieve this our Care Home Managers should have:
- Ensure the delivery of quality care - continually assessing our residents' needs and wishes and developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
- Actively ensure the home has the highest possible levels of occupancy – utilising links with the local community, positively marketing the home and increasing public awareness of our services.
- Take on accountability for the home – ensuring compliance with all company policies and regulatory requirements; striving to achieve the best possible care rating and other external recognition of quality.
- Manage the financial effectiveness of the home - maintain the budget of the home and seek to identify opportunities to increase profitability and reduce cost.
- Take on an active leadership role – you will need to be a visible leader in the home supporting the operation of a twenty four hour business.
- Manage every facility in the home – although we are in the care business to deliver this you will manage every service from laundry and maintenance through to catering.
- Developing your people – you will have the opportunity to build your team, by recruiting and developing the right people to grow your business and through supporting their career development.
Experience of working in the health care sector, be driven and motivated and believe in quality care. Strong leadership and management qualities are essential, as is a dynamic and flexible approach to the role. You must have or be willing to work towards the Leadership and Management Award. Applicants must hold a current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and have a legal right to work in the UK.
Our Home Managers are critical to the continued success of the business, with exciting opportunities to progress the home and their career.
Four Seasons Health Care provide a variety of competitive benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, up to 25% bonus, contributory pension scheme, a bespoke development programme and an employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniform where applicable.
Four Seasons Health Care has over 300 individual care homes and specialist units across the UK, providing safe, high quality, person-centred...