Akkeron Hotels operate over 30 three and four star sites in the UK, partnering with a number of brands like Best Western Ramada Encore, Clarion and Quality Hotels along with our Forestdale and Independent Akkeron properties.
The various hotels and brands offer a wide variety of efficient and seasonal menus of varying ability requirements dependent on site / customer base.
With a large refurbishment and expansion programme underway with more than ample chef opportunities for career development and advancement within the company we need to recruit some temporary Relief chefs for interim, (short and long term) positions at various sites across the UK with varying levels of chef support required.
Permanent positions may become available if you desire.
Accommodation and meals can be provided if required and a fuel allowance is paid by arrangement.
Department / Team Information
Job Essential Attributes
Previous experience in a Chef role is essential, as is the flexibility of location.
Reporting to the General Manager of the property you support you will give relief to support in all areas of food production, and in senior appointments, ordering and kitchen management.
Attributes for thesuccessful chef candidate will include :
· Previous hotel / restaurant experience in a chef role
· A sound knowledge of all aspects of kitchen management
· A passion to deliver great food consistently, putting the customer at the heart of everything they do.
· Hold a Level 2 or 3 Hygiene Certificate
· Self-motivated, with good time management
· A great coach with strong organisational and leadership qualities.
· Ability to cope under pressure, and be a good team player.
· A sound understanding of stock control desirable.
· Previous banqueting experience desirable
· Having a hands-on approach, bringing creativity and flair to the various catering outlets, with an ability to train and motivate.
· Must be cost conscious, thereby ensuring targets are met, and ensure all statutory requirements are implemented.
· You must be currently resident in the UK and available for interview at short notice.
Caterer.com - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard