As a Senior UNIX Project Manager, you'll be working under the responsibility of the Global UNIX Manager. You will be involved in different types of projects ranging from disaster recovery events focusing on UNIX specific technologies and implementation of new UNIX technologies, leading the off-site team to build out new servers for business needs. The project manager would need to have a pragmatic approach and the ability to take the business view for the technology efforts. We are looking for candidates who have already demonstrated their ability to take on increased responsibility and deal with more complex solutions.
Interface with External Third Party vendors and clients services internal teams in relation to the projects assigned
- Project Management – a track record in managing IT infrastructure projects
- Incident Management – accountability of outage situations, preventing re-occurrences
- UNIX/LINUX hands-on technical background
- Accountability of preparing and tracking against plans
- Adherence to company standards (security, access control, support and change control)
- Interfacing with Engineering to ensure designs are operational efficient
- Escalation point for critical issues
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of assigned Managed Services projects
Business: Aladdin & Technology Position ID: 7443
- Ensures Project documents are completed, current, and stored appropriately
- Create Templates, Processes and structure to streamline future project implementations
- Lead communication and interaction with several internal teams/task forces
- Identify and Manage Project dependencies and identity potential crises and devise contingency plans
- Must possess a strong understanding for the technologies the team supports.
- Must have comprehensive hands-on Linux (Redhat), Solaris administration experience (Sol 8&10 -> Sol 10 is preference)
- Knowledge of networking services, TCP, UDP, RPC, NIS and NFS.
- Knowledge of volume management software experience (VxVM, VxFS, ODS).
- Knowledge of SAN and NAS technologies
- IT Security Concepts (Operating System, Network, Firewall, IDS, Compliance Monitoring)
- Comprehensive, comparative industry experience
Qual UK - 3 years ago
Now this is the kind of coal you want in your stocking. BlackRock, with more than $3.5 trillion under management, is the world's...