We have an exciting opportunity for a Front-End Developer/UI Developer to join a Multi-Channel Operations team.
This is a Temp-Perm position based in South West London.
• Develop front-end code and deliver new content and functionality
for digital platforms (Web, Mobile, Email etc)
• Create, adapt or localise UX driven commercial enhancements to e-
• Work with designers and developers in maintaining, improving and
UX Production & Front-end Development:
• Deliver best-in-class HTML5/CSS3/jQuery front-end code across a
broad array of interactive web and mobile projects.
• Convert wireframes, UX requirements and design into front-end
use by web designers in daily production code • Create and evolve efficient, reusable web templates and widgets
• Collaborate with designers and developers to ensure market leading
standards are achieved
• Work with US, and German IT developers in the development of
global e-commerce architecture
• To build working functional prototypes and develop web content
• To test and refine front-end code across multiple browsers,
platforms, and devices, including smart phones and tablets.
• Mentor and train designers in best practice for creating W3C
standard accessible web pages, basic technical issues and
• Working with UX and design, managing time across multiple projects
and tasks in a deadline-driven, team environment.
• Work in an agile, cross functional team responsible for passing front-
end deliverables to the extended development team to a quality
they are happy with
• Collaborating with team members and business stakeholders to help
define and deliver requirements
• Working with the Solutions Architect, and teams, to ensure code
meets required quality and adheres to best practice
• Actively promote and ensure compliance to the W3C standards,
guide other teams in their use of HTML, to seek out and actively
promote ideas and techniques in the team
• Expected to lead by example, be hands on, involved in front end
tasks and take on site defects etc
• To support in the delivery of off-hour migrations or fixes to
platforms if required
• Involved with the technical design of solutions for UK online
platforms; working alongside appropriate stakeholders including
business, engineering, architecture and service
• Ensure Semantic HTML and SEO considerations are taken into
Evolving front-end code for UK platforms:
• Educate the creative teams to ensure their work does not adversely
affects the sites performance/scalability
• Guide and mentor within the department and provide feedback to
line managers around front-end coding for performance and reviews.
• To seek out and actively promote new techniques and best practice
in front end development
• Participate in discussions with other teams about technical best
practices and help teams identify optimal technical solutions.
• To optimise the website's for accessibility, W3C usability and search
engines through front end development techniques of XHTML and
• To look for opportunities to improve existing functionality and
content based on business requirements
If you are interested in finding out more about the role, please get in touch with an updated CV and your work samples.
CWJobs.co.uk - 13 months ago