Hastings Direct is one of the fastest growing insurance companies in the UK, providing car, van, home and bike insurance to over one million customers as well as a full range of additional products and services. Our growth plans are ambitious we want to protect one in ten of all UK insurance customers by 2020 and with a customer joining us every 45 seconds we have high hopes to achieve this. We are committed and proud to offer our customers the best value products combined with first class customer service. Based in Bexhill-On-Sea on the South Coast with over 1500 staff at our HQ we are currently seeking a Freelance Risk Manager - ASAP to join the team on a contract basis.
PURPOSE: Reporting into the Head of Risk, the purpose of the role is to manage the risk function, whilst providing strategic oversight on emerging risks as the business undertakes significant growth plans and co-ordinating risk activity which takes account of regulatory change.
Summery: To maintain, develop and embed the appropriate risk culture across HISL.
- One Risk Management Executive
- Risk Management Policies and Procedures;
- Risk Reporting;
- Communicating to staff at all levels within the organisation and across both sites regarding risk and Business Continuity;
- Communicating with external Suppliers;
- Communicating and working with external Consultants as required.
- Support the Head of Risk in the delivery of the 5 year business plan and provide technical and strategic guidance to the business on risks that may impact the delivery of this plan
- To provide management leadership of the risk function across HISL, representing risk within the required management forums;
- To promote and support delivery of an effective risk management function, to include provision of the appropriate policies relating to risk governance are implemented in an effective manner;
- To manage the delivery the annual risk plan across HISL;
- To provide assurance to the Head of Risk and management of HISL that an effective risk management function is operational across the company. Provide timely and accurate risk reporting to support and evidence the presence of an effective risk management function;
- Undertake robust and effective 2nd line challenge of business risks, escalating and reporting to the appropriate forums, where the effective management of risk does not occur;
- Support and facilitate business risk owners in the identification, assessment, management, monitoring and reporting of risks, through a formal risk review process;
- Undertake 2nd line assessment and review of the adequacy of the control environment within HISL;
- To support a business-wide training programme for risk;
- To monitor and challenge the appropriate controls and processes to ensure risks are identified and managed. Identifies and analyses potential sources of loss to minimise risks;
- To define, collate and present the required management information to monitor the performance and exposure of risks across the business;
- Through appropriate policies and controls, reduces the business' exposure to financial loss, reputational damage and loss of business effectiveness, in the event of an interruption of the business;
- Oversee the development, management and testing of HISLs business continuity and crisis management programme;
- Provide the business with advice and guidance to ensure the effective identification, assessment, management, mitigation and reporting of risks; .To lead and develop the risk team, conducting 1:1's, Performance and Development Reviews and talent discussions. To ensure that appropriate skills are maintained and developed in the team.
- Substantive and demonstrable experience within risk;
- Detailed knowledge of the risk and governance process within an Insurance Broker/Intermediary, or Insurer;
- Broad knowledge of the financial services sector;
- Demonstrable experience at management level in a risk environment;
- Proven track record of managing risk in similar environments.
Consistently meets Hastings Way behaviours at level 4
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Ability to transition between the management of risk at a strategic level, whilst being able to support the delivery of technical risk material.
- Holds or is working towards a Professional Qualification (i.e ACII, MIRM, Post Graduate Risk or Compliance Qualification);
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong commercial focus;
- Technical understanding of risk management/environment;
Jobsite UK - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard