Our Client, a national rail engineering contractor is looking to recruit a PTS Lead Land/Track Surveyor to work from their North West offices on a permanent basis.
As a lead surveyor you will be carrying out topographical and track surveys, lead a team of surveyors in carrying out all surveying activities. You will be producing survey data in an accurate and reliable manner to present to clients and designers.
You will have a professional approach to the management and delivery of technical projects and activities and have good communication skills and have effective time and people management skills.
Key Duties will include:
* Carrying out surveys as directed by the Head of Surveying
* Being able to determine the most appropriate professional manner for the planning and execution of surveys
* Diligently completing land, overhead line, railway and gauging surveys
* Establishing survey monitoring regimes
* Carrying out setting out activity in accordance with design drawings and scheme plans
* Managing a team of one or more Surveyors
* Leading and coaching Surveyors in all site surveys
* Producing survey data accurately and rapidly
* Establishing calibration and maintenance regimes for all survey equipment
Competent in the selection of the appropriate survey equipment and the operation and instruction of the following:
Previous experience of using:
* Trimble equipment
* Platform Gauge
* Laser Sweep
* Automatic and digital levels
* Laser Scanner
* Track Measuring Device
* Have a good understanding of Light Detection and Ranging
Competent in the use or have an understanding of the following software packages:
* Trimble Software
* Leica GEO Office
* AutoCAD/Bentley Microstation/ Bentley Railtrack /MX Rail
You will have a valid PTS and it would be desirable if you have a valid first aid certificate.
In return the client is offering a very attractive salary scheme and the chance to progress your career with an expanding and forward thinking top 10 rail engineering contractor.
For more information on this role and other roles within Rail Engineering please visit:
JustEngineers.net - 17 months ago