Service Delivery Manager-T-SER-MAN-UKLO-158
The Operations Manager is responsible for:
- providing the required number of Class 378 Electrostar Units to the Operator on a daily basis in line with BT availability contractual requirements,
- ensuring that the Units are maintained in compliance with the maintenance plan manual and the Operator’s safety case,
- ensuring the safety and well being of all the production staff, creating an environment for best practice to be used and innovation to develop,
- providing expert knowledge in the development of business opportunities,
- ensuring processes and procedures are developed and reviewed regularly and adhered to
- providing the operator with a world class technical and planning support during passenger service operations.
- To achieve this, the Service Delivery Manager will be eading and developing a team of shift managers and service technicians
- Managing the team of shift managers, service technicians, control room technicians / planners with a clear focus on costs & efficiency, quality, health & safety, welfare and the environment. Manage the personal development of all individuals in the team to achieve continuous improvement.
- Defining together with the materials manager and other key stake-holders (internal and external) the production planning and priorities.
- Managing the daily interface between the Operator’s passenger service operations and the depot based maintenance operations to ensure that a world class technical and planning support is provided to the Operator to enable the Operator to deliver its service level commitments.
- Ensuring that all activities undertaken by the Shift Managers, Service Technicians, Control Room Technicians / planners are performed in compliance with all applicable procedures, legislations and standards.
- Ensuring that all service records (maintenance records, reported incidents, serial numbers) are entered in the relevant business systems in a timely manner with the right level of details.
- Put together shift rosters to ensure optimum use of staff and necessary production capacity available,
- Interpret data from the Production Information Systems and make data based descisions
- Decide daily production priorities – if issues have been escalated
- Decide whether units are safe to be released for service if the parameters are outside of the normal day to day guidelines
- Health and Safety competencies required:
- Understanding of the Health and Safety At Work Act,
- Trained on: Manual Handling, COSHH, Personal Track Safety (can be provided if not trained),
- Relevant experience and track record in people’s management is required (in a similar environment, i.e.: 24 hours, 7 days a week service industry).
- Strong organization and communications skills,
- Good understanding of mechanical and electrical principles,
- Computer literate.
- Good understanding of English language (written and verbal) to write incident reports etc.
- Education required Management or engineering degree or equivalent. Will have a specialist qualification (e.g., CEng CIMA, CIPD, CIPS, BPICS), unless similar expertise has been achieved through very considerable experience
- Proven experience and track record in a similar position will be a strong advantage
Job: Account Management
Primary Location: GB-ENG-London
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 02.05.2013, 9:56:03 AM
Bombardier - 17 months ago
At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll...