Purpose of the role
To work as part of a team within the Business accounts department in Sheffield dealing with accounts preparation for a mixed portfolio of clients.
Education / Qualifications
- Produce financial statements for sole traders, partnerships and also produce unaudited statutory financial statements, to include:-
- Reconciling bank and cash accounts.
- Summarising cash books, purchase and sales ledgers.
- Calculating debtors, creditors, accruals and prepayments.
- Maintaining client records using Sage accounting system Xero (cloud accounting solution) Full training will be given for this.
- Preparing management accounts.
- Providing support on accounting software and related issues.
- Preparing annual returns.
- Producing VAT returns.
Skills & behaviours
- AAT qualified or qualified through experience
- Experience of working in a professional firm is preferable.
- Able to approach projects logically, with good numerical skills.
- An attention to detail and accuracy is necessary and an essential part of the role.
- The ability to prioritise and deal with a variety of cases in a methodical manner.
- Ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
- Computer literate with experience of IT packages including all MS Office and Sage.
- The post holder will have a confident manner, a positive approach and demonstrate commercial awareness.
- Client focussed.
- Demonstrate an ability to work either independently or as part of a team.
- A flexible and adaptable approach is essential.
- A full driving licence is preferable but not essential.
PKF (UK) LLP - 9 months ago