At Sky, our mission is to become the nation's No.1 entertainment choice. Already one of the world's largest broadcasters with over 10 million subscribers, we're seen in one in three UK homes. Now, with ambitious plans for growth, we are now taking our success to new levels. If you share our ambition, passion and entrepreneurial spirit, then we need you to be part of our exciting future.
We currently have a position for a Broadcast Systems Developer (Java) to join our team in Broadcast Services. Broadcast Services designs, develops and operates Sky's Broadcast infrastructure with the continued goal of improving flexibility and efficiency.
The successful candidate will work on one of our key programmes in our Technology directorate in relation to an overall Tapeless solution currently under implementation at Sky. The Integration Platform is responsible for marshalling content and orchestrating workflow throughout the production process, from material ingest through to delivery to a range of distribution channels. The IP stack is composed of Mule ESB and Intalio BPM, with supporting infrastructure written primarily in Java.
For the role, we are looking for you to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Development of hardware/software solutions, primarily in a software development role.
- Liaison with designers, statisticians, technical directors, studio production staff, programme makers, and a wide cross-section of the business.
- Liaise with Operations Analysts to ensure that effective and up-to-date documentation is available for all systems.
- Proactively monitor systems to ensure correct operation.
- Continually assessing the effectiveness of procedures, and recommending upgrades to processes and procedures.
- Ensuring that all faults are logged and that reporting procedures are followed.
- Understanding the roles of others who will be called on to correct problems outside the areas of your responsibility / knowledge.
To apply for the role and for more information, please visit our careers site at www.workforsky.com ref. 03354. Please state current/most recent salary and salary expectations on your application.
- Extensive JAVA programming skills, with full appreciation of the standard software delivery lifecycle.
- Experience of JAVA development using Groovy advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle
- Exposure to developments on Red Hat Linux, JBoss, ESB and BPM (ideally Mule and Intalio) advantageous.
- Experience of supporting high-availability systems.
- Ability to rapidly absorb and apply technical information.
- Logical and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Strong communication skills and relationship management skills.
- Flexible in approach in order to adjust to change and still meet challenging deadlines.
- Ability to lead by example and to learn and apply new skills quickly and effectively in a fast moving technical broadcast environment.
- Experience of working in the Broadcast/Media industry desirable.
Our benefits package is to recognise the essential part you play in Sky's success. We offer free Sky+ HD, broadband and talk services; private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlements, a contribution pension scheme, a Share scheme so you can have a stake in Sky and our success plus Sky Choices a benefit scheme to help you make valuable tax & national insurance savings.
Sky delivers some of the most diverse content and services on the planet, and we value the same diversity within our business. We provide a culture of entrepreneurialism and opportunity for one and all.
Sky - Believe in BetterSky delivers some of the most diverse content and services on the planet, and we value the same diversity within our business. We provide a culture of entrepreneurialism and opportunity for one and all.
British Sky Broadcasting - 3 years ago
British Sky Broadcasting Group plc is a British satellite broadcasting, broadband and telephone services company headquartered in London,...