All of our job vacancies
in the world
AccorJobs per country
Australia / NZ
Belgium / Luxemburg
Other Asian countries
UK-Ireland- North. Ireland
Not yet registered?
Create an account
Our guidelines for applying
2 0 1 6 vacancies
Key words or job reference
Search by :
Brands / Division
Room service employee (m/f)
Apply to this vacancy
Hotel Name or entity
Sofitel London St-James
Central London / West End
Sofitel offers contemporary hotels and resorts adapted to today’s more demanding and more versatile consumers who expect and appreciate beauty, quality and excellence. Each Sofitel property offers a genuine experience of the French “art de vivre”.
See hotel description
Level of Education
NVQ or SVQ (BEP)
Areas of study
Experience minimum in the sector
English, French Desirable
- Provide friendly, professional helpful and courteous Waiter/ress service to the customer at all times. To be part of a philosophy of excellence and to ensure that St James Bar and The Rose Lounge become a magnifique guest experience.
- Take responsibility for the presentation and the smooth running of the Bar with attention paid to service.
- To recognise to the needs and comfort of the customer throughout service, as our main focus is customer relation and satisfaction and to lead by example.
- To ensure that all you are present for briefings carried out before each service period.
- To ensure complete & thorough knowledge of the food & beverage items for The Bar and lounge.
Sofitel London St James offers an excellent salary package to be discussed on application, coupled with great career development prospects and excellent benefits such as:
Experience, Knowledge and Skills required:
- Training development programmes.
- Annual Holidays increase upon length of service.
- Loyalty bonus.
- Discount at selected services and products.
- Pension Scheme.
- Recognition bonus on monthly and yearly basis.
- This list is not meant to be exhaustive.
- Please note that due to the high number of applications received we are ONLY able to contact candidates who will take part in the next stage of our recruitment process.
- You must have the experience, knowledge and skills mentioned for the Waiter/ress position or similar in order to be considered for this position as well as eligibility to work in the UK.
Minimal 1 years experience in Food & Beverage as a Bartender, Waiter/ress, within deluxe property hotels.
Experience of Micros – Fidelio.
Excellent knowledge of Food & Drink.
Ability to priority different tasks and requests coupled with proven organization skills.
Food & Hygiene certificate and Health & Safety Awareness an advantage.
Good level of English language both spoken and written.
Flexibility to work on rotas is a must.
The stunning Sofitel St James London is located in the former home of Cox and Kings bank in the very heart of London, England. This sympathetically renovated building is English heritage grade II listed and now houses one of London's most unique five-star hotels - combining traditional British design with a contemporary style that is unmistakably French. The award winning Brasserie Roux restaurant offers first class French Brasserie cuisine and these high standards are reflected throughout the 186 bed hotel.
We are now looking for experienced and professional Waiter/ress who will be responsible for Bar Service and Food & Beverage service, ensuring that our guests consistently receive the best service and standards
Previous Waiter/ress experience is required with a good knowledge of food & beverage and cocktails. You must be able to demonstrate excellent social and communication skills, good knowledge and a passion to succeed in a fast paced quality environment.
Sofitel and its people
The Sofitel brand is based on three core values guaranteed by each employee every day:
A Passion for Excellence, an Essence of Pleasure and a Spirit of Openness.
Through their actions and know-how, the Men and Women that are the creators of Sofitel’s luxury, offer clients a highly personalised service. By transforming every detail into a unique moment of pure comfort and elegance , they create and nurture a relationship with their guests.
The Sofitel values are also at the heart of the communication between employees. It is the legacy received and transmitted by all those involved in the brand to guarantee the continuity of the Sofitel spirit in the hotels and headquarters.
Apply to this vacancy
Create my JobAlert
receive the job vacancies and traineeships by email according your criterias
Submit my resume
To be contacted by recruiters Accor, apply to job vacancies and monitor my applications
How to apply?
Follow our guidelines to select a job vacancy and submit your resume
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 180,000 women and men
who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the...