The International Business Leaders Forum works with business, governments and civil society to enhance the contribution that companies can make to sustainable development.
Founded by HRH The Prince of Wales in 1990, we are an independent, not-for-profit organisation currently supported by over 100 of the world’s leading businesses.
IBLF provides strategic counsel to companies to enable them to understand and respond to the development challenges that they face, particularly when operating in transition and emerging economies.
As well as managing a number of programmes that provide businesses with opportunities to directly enhance their impact on society, IBLF helps businesses connect with other organisations and develop successful cross-sector partnerships.
IBLF has worked in over 90 countries and has offices in Russia, China, India and North America. Our work benefits from long-term relationships with regional networks across the world, many of which IBLF has helped to establish or strengthen.
Our current areas of work focus on five cluster areas; Human Capital, Business Standards, Prosperity, Environment and Partnership. Each is Content area is headed by a Programme Manager who takes lead responsibility for project delivery, relationship management and business development.
The Programme Manager will take prime carriage for managing existing projects, including the Business Call to Action, and will also develop new business opportunities, build relationships and partnerships, research and communicate about subject matter and position IBLF as a knowledge leader in this space.
The role is part of the Programmes team which comprises Programme Managers for the other four clusters supported by a Programme Coordinator. The position reports to the Global Programmes Director. The Programme Manager works closely with other teams in IBLF, particularly fundraising, corporate partnerships, and communications.
The Business Call to Action is a key current project in the Prosperity cluster; however, this position will be responsible for delivering a range of initiatives.
Business Call to Action
Business development and relationship management
- Manage day-to-day engagement with Business Call to Action (BCtA) companies including identification and outreach to potential Business Call to Action companies and supporting companies on their BCtA applications
- Contribute to the BCtA Community of Practice by helping develop learning materials
- Manage the relationship with Business Call to Action Secretariat
- Identify and develop new funding opportunities
- Lead and/or contribute to funding proposals
- Build relationships with existing and potential corporate partners
- Develop strategic partnerships with NGOs, research institutions, consultancy firms and other organizations with related interests
- Develop and maintain effective networks and good working relationships with external stakeholders as well as colleagues in London and regions
- Represent IBLF at relevant external events, conferences and meetings as appropriate
Communications and research
- Manage projects including contract and budget management, reporting to funders
- Organise workshops and events in London and overseas
- Recruit additional technical expertise as relevant
- Oversee other programme staff (eg interns) as appropriate
- Manage information on IBLF’s relationship management system
Skills, experience and characteristics
- Write articles, blogs, web stories, and reports about inclusive business and other topics relevant to the cluster
- Research and write (and/or oversight the production of) new publications including tools, guidelines, case studies and reference material
- Conduct research on inclusive business and other topics relevant to the cluster
- Stay abreast of emerging trends in this field
- Provide leading-edge advice to internal and external stakeholders
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time
Salary: c£32,000 + range of benefits, including 5% pension contribution
- Experience and expertise in corporate social responsibility, particularly inclusive business.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including a demonstrated capacity to communicate clearly and concisely with a range of audiences (particularly business), develop professional materials for external communications, and write clear and user-friendly reports.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including a client-focused, collaborative attitude, an ability to develop strong networks and to deal effectively with people of different backgrounds and seniority levels, and work as a constructive and positive team player.
- Experience writing funding proposals and managing projects, including contracts, grant administration and budget management.
- High level organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities and to organize high-level events professionally and competently.
- Initiative, innovation, flexibility and responsiveness with the ability to identify opportunities, adapt quickly and positively to change, and manage own workload with limited supervision.
Please send your CV with a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience match our requirements.
Closing date: 28 January 2011
IBLF provides strategic counsel to companies to enable them to understand and respond to the development challenges that they face,...