South West Trains
Accounting , Customer Service , Management
22 April 2013
South West Trains Management Trainee Programme
We are looking for a new generation of Managers in Customer Service or Finance
Location: Across our network for the first year
What you could do
• Our one-year programme is a concentrated and comprehensive introduction to all elements of running a multi-million-pound customer focused and complex transport operation.
• South West Trains, (part of the Stagecoach Group), runs one of the busiest commuter rail networks in Europe and is at the forefront of a variety of exciting new projects and alliances.
• We are looking for “Managers of the Future” to deliver these services, which are used by more than 200 million customers a year.
• By successfully completing the programme, you are guaranteed a Customer Service or Finance managerial position at one of the UK’s biggest train companies.
• With, or expecting a 2:1 degree
• Potential to lead and develop teams
• Enjoy teamwork
• People focused
• Able to relate to a wide range of people from front line staff and Directors to external stakeholders
• Engage with our customers at the best and worst of times
Interview and selection process
There are several stages of the interview and selection process:
• You will need to complete your initial application online
• If you are successful at this stage, you will be invited to take part in online assessments
• There will then be a telephone interview with one of our management team
• Successful candidates will then be invited to an assessment day at our recruitment centre at Southampton for a group discussion, presentation, assessments and interview
We will provide all the training you need to become a front line Customer Service or Finance Manager and we hope that you aspire for more because this will set you on the right course for an exceptional career in the rail sector. Working as an integral part of a multidiscipline team, you’ll develop management skills that are not in the manuals. You’ll do whatever it takes to make a difference every day, whether by rolling-up your own sleeves or delivering results through others … no challenge will be too big, nor any task too small for you. Totally hands-on, you’ll manage, motivate and mentor your team to exceed expectations … yours, theirs, ours, and our customers. We hope that you aspire for more because this will set you on the right course for an exceptional career in the rail sector.
• For the Customer Service function you will need empathy for managing people. Ideally, you will have had some direct contact with the public, perhaps in a retail or other customer-facing environment, or you may have had some previous supervisor experience.
• For the Finance Specialist role, you will need an interest in or previous experience of working within a finance environment. You will be a person who is highly numerate and accurate in their work, have a strong commercial outlook and is committed to study for a recognised accounting qualification.
During your training year
• Working as an integral part of a multidiscipline team, you’ll develop management skills that are not in the manuals
• No challenge will be too big, nor any task too small for you
• Totally hands-on, you’ll manage, motivate and mentor your team to exceed expectations … yours, theirs, ours, and our customers’
• You will be required to work a range of shift patterns at various locations across the network
• We will provide all the training you need to become a Customer Service frontline manager, however, we hope that you aspire for more, setting you up on the right course for an exceptional career in South West Trains.
To tell us why you feel you are right for this career, please Click Here or on the "Apply Now" button.
Graduate-Jobs.com - 18 months ago