Work area: Consulting
Expected travel: 0% - 80%
Employment type: Regular Full Time
SAP is the global market leader for business software and thus contributes a considerable part of the world's economic power grid. At SAP you get your chance to put your ideas into action with maximum impact.Corporate Overview: SAP SAP is the recognized leader in providing enterprise business solutions for all types of industries and for every major market. Serving more than 36,000 customers worldwide, SAP is the world's largest business software company and the world's third-largest software provider overall. We have a rich history of innovation and growth that has made us a true industry leader. Today, SAP employs more than 43,000 people in more than 50 countries. SAP Consulting The software that supports your business must deliver on its promises to reduce cost and risk, support strategies to capitalize on market dynamics, and return value quickly. It needs to to quickly demonstrate it's return on investment. Ensuring the value of your SAP investment takes more than software. It takes SAP Consulting -- and the expertise and skill we've gained from 69,000 implementations over 30 years. With more than 9,000 consultants, plus a global network of 180,000 certified partners, SAP Consulting can provide the depth and breadth of coverage your business demands. The customer is at the core of SAP's consulting strategy. With SAP Consulting as your valued business partner, you benefit from our SAP skills and experience -- and our close working relationship with SAP development, as well as our extensive partner network". SAP offer an extensive range of services and solution offerings from business and IT strategic consulting through solution implementation support through to hosting and application management. JOB PURPOSE:
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- To contribute to revenue growth and profitability by developing profitable consulting and services sales in new and existing customers, engaging with relevant Licence Account Executives to leverage software sales and achieve orders targets.
- To proactively lead Business development and marketing activities.
- To assist and advise the consulting delivery team in defining service offerings and delivery standards in line with customer demand.
- To ensure that Field Services offerings are in line with expectations of the Software sales team.
- Work with IPU/SPU Practice management to help determine SAP Go to Market plans and solution Service Offerings i.e. accelerators, Global Delivery, packaged based solutions and productisation.
- Provide input to UK and Global marketing to develop and deliver Field services based Marketing campaigns, trade shows and events.
- Evaluate marketing media.
- Work with Industry leads in order to evaluate marketing messages. Validate with sector SAM's.
- Identify and target customers to stimulate interest and awareness of GTM Strategy. Opportunity Management
- Ensure that SAP Consultants are acknowledged as being a significant contributor to the success of the S/W sale either in new customers or in up selling situations.
- Evaluate new SAP solution offerings on an ongoing basis and recommend as appropriate to create additional levels of value in new/ major opportunities.
- Qualify opportunities to ensure high levels of success, and optimal cost of sale.
- Drive and manage bids to assess and alleviate risk, set profitable pricing and favourable commercial terms.
- Ensure that all activities in the selling cycle are relevant, professional and contribute to the success of the sale.
- Ensure effective use of collateral and document quality, timescales.
- Negotiate deals to maintain profitability and ensure implementation is achievable. Resource Push/ Demand Planning
- Proactively sell current/ future Consulting capability in order to maximise the Pipeline and utilisation where appropriate.
- Input to demand forecasts through sales forecasting process. Compliance
- Comply with operational procedures e.g. for POs Contracts, Project Council, CRM updates, Risk Reviews,
- Assist in reviewing the commercial health of deals and ensure that revenue recognition is achieved. Professional Growth
- Continually develop own business, solution, market expertise and selling skills.
- Mentor other SAM's and provide some support in helping them qualify opportunities and handle difficult customer situations.
- Work with PU Leads to identify skills sets to support the Pipeline. Relationship Manager
- Develop trusted advisor status with new and existing customers with services/ consulting sales opportunities, ensure strong, long-lasting relationships with senior and executive decision makers and customer PMs to achieve strategic references.
- Working with/ or acting as the Account Manager within the customer account, manage the overall relationship between the customer, the partners and SAP to ensure all opportunities are maximised and sales bids are successful. (See Engagement Manager Role Profile)
- Establish realistic expectations with senior management in new and existing customers, based on a clear understanding of their business drivers, value expectations, business case and ROI assumptions.
- Develop good working relationships with all Sales Account Managers, promoting SAP Consulting as a provider in conjunction with other partners. Account Strategy
- Participate in developing joint Account Strategy with relevant Sales Account Managers to ensure that all opportunities to use SAP Consulting are realised.
- Analyse customers' business requirements, needs and objectives ensuring appropriate action is taken.
- Contribute to IPU led feedback reviews; provide quality hand over of the account to relevant PPM/ IPU lead/Assignment Manager. Partnering Strategy
- Determine GTM Partnering strategy by including or excluding Partners.
- Foster new business partners.
- Determine GTM Partnering strategy in conjunction with Sales Account Manager when opportunity leveraged from S/W sale by including or excluding Partners. Orders/ Revenue/ Profitability
- Sell Consultancy Services Education and support services to achieve orders, revenue and profitability targets.
- Manage contracts and agreements (software licenses and professional services) with the Account Executive to ensure that consistent expectations are established with the customer throughout the execution of CEL.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
We are looking to strengthen our Regional Sales Pursuit Team with an additional 2 Services Account Managers (SAM), one based in Northern Europe the other in Africa or the Middle East. The pursuit team exists to support and augment the local sales teams with our biggest and most strategic opportunities (and in some cases to run with opportunities directly), to engage with our most strategic customers (known as SCP) and to mentor and disseminate sales best practice to our Market unit sales teams. The SAM will work with the market unit teams, both Licence and Services, and the regional SCP team to develop account plans and strategies and to execute and develop long and enduring relationships with these clients to enhance both service and licence sales. The Roles would suite only very experienced SAP sales practitioners with at least 10 years of successful services/licence sales experience either within SAP or the SAP ecosystem. The successful candidate would need to be fluent in English and at least one other European language, preferably French for the Northern European role. This role is designed for highly qualified and motivated sales individuals skilled in complex sales skills, creative thinking around solving customer outcomes, and driving a campaign to close. This a strategic role and will report to the VP EMEA Field Services Sales Execution The Ideal Candidate will be able to:
- Engage as a strategic partner to FSD's CSD's and AE's at Market Unit level
- Rigorous qualification of deals and investment strategies for deals
- Drive larger deals for both Licence and Services by expanding into transformation, business or innovative areas to drive customer value
- Formulate, set, and manage strategy with account teams to accelerate and drive sales cycle to closure
- Review and comment on key decision makers and their decision process
- Identify key levers to create compelling event to drive closure
- Advise and discuss competitive positioning
- Research and profile customer and ecosystem
- Advise around optimal deal structure addressing competition and customer requests while preserving revenue recognition and SAP value
- Develop strategy for proposal presentation and value delivered with SAP
- Assist with defining the close plan with Account Team and customer.
- Lead or support presentation of proposal including business discussion around desired outcomes
- Work with Licence deal team to drive additional licensing
- Set up VAT team with future deals
SAP AG together with its subsidiaries (SAP) is engaged in developing and licensing business software solutions. SAP also sells support,...