Management and technical support to Authorised Persons & SEDMs. To implement, monitor and audit the MOD Safety Rules and Procedures & to ensure compliance with the Health & Safety Policy, within the field of expertise.
- Brampton - £45k to £55k per annum
Responsibilities: Carry out the duties of an Authorising Engineer.
Duties include but not limited to.
- Implementing, administering, monitoring and auditing the application of DIO Safety Rules and Procedures.
- Evaluate, review and appoint Authorised Persons (AP).
- Maintain a register of Authorised Persons including records of AP training and areas of responsibilities.
- Audit the performance of AP and take appropriate action.
- Advise clients within areas of expertise.
- Conduct investigations as required.
- Oversee competency checks of supply chain.
- Carry out system inspections and handover checks.
- Advise designers and CDM Coordinators on technical issues appropriate to the mechanical discipline.
Professional Qualifications required:
- Good communicator both verbally and written.
- Motivated with the ability to motivate others, able to work alone or within a team.
- Ability to work in an organised, structured and methodical manner.
- Hold an appropriate first aid qualification.
- To be able to demonstrate a level of competence on Petroleum and or Mechanical Systems commensurate with the post.
- Must hold a clean full driving licence.
Incorporated Engineer with Membership of an appropriate institute recognised by the Engineering council.
Experience (Technical and Managerial)
- Minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience, on Petroleum installations/systems
- Have held a senior position within a similar organisation.
- NEBOSH General or Construction based Certificate.
- OHSAS 18001 Internal Auditor.
- To be able to demonstrate a level of competence on the construction and maintenance of free standing structures (Masts and Towers).
- Be familiar with the different types of equipment, installations and systems in use on the MOD estate.
- Sound understanding of the management of mechanical systems at all levels. Have attended an MOD approved AE course in an appropriate discipline
Qualities and Attitude:
- Good communicator both written and verbal at all levels.
- Able to work to deadlines and encourage other to do the same.
- Hold a clean full driving licence.
- Proactive - anticipates problems and shows initiative for problem solving and generating new ideas.
- Trustworthy with confidential information, is able to deal with confidential information in an appropriate and sensitive way. Does not divulge information out of department.
- Flexible - is willing to undertake a range of tasks for the effective running of the department. Is willing to work the hours required for the successful completion of tasks.
- Ability plan and organise own workload, often working alone and within a team.
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate, lead and discipline others.
CVbrowser - 11 months ago